Favorite ship and why?

Symphony

So much to do, and it really has the "wow" factor.  Shows were incredible, and I just love exploring and seeing all the art work, decor and such.  We stick to included venues (but did love El Loco Fresh), but has great additional dining choices for those that want to try.  So many options and things to do.

Having said that, I have loved every Royal cruise so far as each brings something unique....and then there is that Royal familiarity.  

Hehehehe ...... So far, my daily departed Lady G (very cozy & intimate, more like old style cruising) -- we don't need all the bells & whistles to enjoy ourselves.----

We would've like Brilliance more had there been fewer kids (totally our fault for booking a cruise over Easter) ---- the back patio of the Windjammer on Brilliance is insane.

Loved Navigator (pre-amp'd) ---- it was like the Goldilock's of ships --- not too big, not too small

This is difficult, I have 3, but if I must choose 1:

Oasis. We sailed her January of 2010 and at the time she was one of a kind. I loved everything about her. We sailed her again in 2012. Since 2012 I've been trying to sail her again but vacation life took us to other ships (not even an Oasis Class!). We were supposed to sail her September of 2020 but that failed. Hopefully this September. 

I still remember obsessing over every announcement they made leading up to our 2010 cruise.

I have a conflicted opinion. I'm very partial to Anthem simply because it was the first Royal ship we sailed on and I had such a great time that it just will always stand out as "the first". Our second was on Harmony, and to reiterate everyone else's thoughts of the WOW factor and the amenities, the shows, the Oasis class...the Harmony is simply amazing, but that's where my conflict comes in. I'm so deathly afraid of heights that the openings in the middle to look down into the neighborhoods, and the sheer size of Harmony in port, makes going near the railings and doing some of the things on the ship near impossible for me, so I feel like I miss out too...I mean even typing about them now my palms are a little sweaty ? We are supposed to go back on Harmony in January 2022 (a glutton for punishment I suppose!) and my goal is to conquer that fear, or at the very least leverage the beverage package into allowing me to try everything this time!

1 hour ago, nhilding10 said:

I'm very partial to Anthem

This is a close 2nd or 3rd and one I was referring to when I mentioned having 3. We sailed her 3 times and each time has personal significance to me.

2016: "Wedding cruise" didn't use the ship service but we cruised to Bermuda and married on the island.

2018: Cruise with family/friends & in Bermuda we scattered some ashes of a friend. It was going to be him and maybe his sister joining us. Having his sister still come along & bring some ashes was awesome.

2019: A bunch of friends invited themselves along and it ended up being an awesome cruise with tons of memories. 

Edited by sk8erguy1978
add

Honestly not got a favourite but I'm probably team Oasis Class as well. I was meant to do the revamped Oasis last July and had I been on her, I think she'd have maybe became my new favourite - better than HM & SY with the upgrades. Plus, she still has the original Oasis decor which I prefer to the Quantum decor that is on Q Class & 2nd gen O class.

39 minutes ago, Tmsmith said:

While we are partial to Voyager because our honeymoon was on the maiden voyage and we had so much fun visiting the islands an experiencing the islanders joy at seeing "the big ship," our favorite Freedom. Not too big, not too small. 

My first cruise was Grandeur...but DH and I had our honeymoon on Voyager too (and first cruise together).  At the time, it was the largest ship in the world...lol.

Harmony has been our favorite ship so far! 

But the experience we had on Empress sailing to Cuba was one of a kind. Even though we didn't have all the bells and whistles, the group we sailed with, the intimate experiences the crew gave us, and the unmatched service make it our clear favorite cruise! 

I missed not having a Broadway quality musical on board... but at least it wasn't CATS ?

sad cats GIF by Official London Theatre

Anthem because it was our first and only with Royal so far! Loved the aft deck and activities like flow rider and I fly.  Honestly, I think Oasis will take top spot; deck 17, proximity to CK, the aqua theatre, Portside BBQ and everything else! Since April 2021 is a bust, only 459 days to go. ?

Limited sample size for us only sailing on Enchantment and Anthem with RC, but would say Anthem so far.  We loved the solarium and sailing out of NJ felt the ship was perfect for it. I felt like there was a lot to do but I don’t think the ship felt too big either.

That said, we are looking forward to trying a different class of ship for our next cruise.

So far, we've sailed on the Liberty, Enchantment and Majesty. Although she wasn't perfect, for some reason, I think that dh and I favor the Enchantment. Don't get me wrong: each ship has its own pluses and minuses (the ice show and Johnny Rocket's on the Liberty were great) but I think that the friendliness of the crew endeared us to the Enchantment the most. We also liked the Compass Deli on the Majesty, so much that we never made it to the Johnny Rocket's on that ship. I am hoping that RC will deem it necessary to finally address the rust problem on the hull of the Enchantment; we saw no rust issues on the ship's interiors. 

My goal is to cruise on one of the "big girls" - we have cruises booked on the Oasis and Allure for later on this year. I am so hoping that we will be able to sail!

My introduction to cruising was on the Adventure of the Seas at the time it was doing round trips out of San Juan PR.  Prior to this I thought I knew what cruising entail also one of my family members had a horrendous experience on a Carnival cruise ship and swore I would never get on a cruise ship.  

However someone in my family had taken a RC cruise and was ranting and raving about how good RC cruises were and instead of our usual land based family vacation they planned a family cruise.  It was a fairly inexpensive cruise so I thought why  not give it a try its only 7 days and if I don' like it I can always get off the ship book a hotel and fly home after all I work in the travel industry.  Needless to say I didn't get off the ship I loved it, the entire experience was almost magical.  Before that cruise when I wanted beach vacation I would always go to resorts, but after that first cruise I had not set foot on another land based beach resort until 2020.  Since my first cruise in 2008 I've been taking 3 and some time 4 cruise per year all thanks to the Adventure of the Seats.

I love Freedom, Quantum and Oasis Class ships but Adventure of the Seas will hold a special place in my heart for ever and I've taken multiple cruises on her she is simply a beautiful ship.

having been on all of the voyager class except mariner and then on symphony, the voyager class has to be it for me with Navigator at the top.  Love that mariner is doing a slightly different itinerary with the 8 night offering out there, like many I certainly wish they would open Navigator up a bit, but then it is a business and that 3/4 night continuous loop out of miami must just be printing money for them.  Voyager class offers all of the things 99% of cruisers need for a warm weather cruise (how many of you are doing skypad?) honestly the only thing I truly hands down liked better on symphony was the front of ship wide view solarium with pool, but unfortunately the bar and cafe up there was always slammed and way understaffed, also the adults only wasn't enforced at all.

Maybe I loved that solarium so much because on the rest of the ship I just lost touch with the fact that we were actually out at sea on the symphony, it was amazing but too much going on, feeling very crowded along with the sheer number of venues led to very FOMO feeling, a week was not enough time to get around and really ever be comfortable.  schooner bar is a favorite but locked into an odd spot on oasis class, the board walk and music hall space facing the back of ship felt very underutilized and yet playmakers was always too packed, as was el loco fresh and WJ.....central park was a welcome quiet place but couldn't see the water.....need to try freedom/indy for the amplified experience on a stretched out Voyager class.  there's just nothing like knowing the layout and being comfortable with your surroundings.

Ok what is the problem with Cats?!?!?  I’ve seen several bad posts about it.  I look at the alternatives (grease and mamma Mia) and I don’t get it.   A musical based on bad elevator music and another that was only so so to start and then made worse by Olivia Newton John and John Travolta.  At least Sir Andrew has actual talent as a composer.  So tell me, what gives?

1 hour ago, Pooch said:

Ok what is the problem with Cats?!?!?  I’ve seen several bad posts about it.  I look at the alternatives (grease and mamma Mia) and I don’t get it.   A musical based on bad elevator music and another that was only so so to start and then made worse by Olivia Newton John and John Travolta.  At least Sir Andrew has actual talent as a composer.  So tell me, what gives?

source.gif

8 hours ago, Pooch said:

Is the lack of a story line too confusing??  It really is more a series of vignettes based on the Book of Practical Cats by TS Elliot.   Music is still better than ABBA.  And Grease ends with Rizzo finally getting her period?!?!?!

I understand the storyline.  I've also learned to not tilt at that windmill on this forum, lol.

Trying to figure out my favourite ship is hard I like Oasis class best, but am wanting to cruise on smaller ships. I have been on Freedom, Mariner, Oasis x3, Symphony and Harmony. I think Symphony was my favourite, I missed the pool in the solarium on Harmony a lot! I like the open views from the boardwalk on old oasis more though, but hopefully in December will get to see the vamped Oasis.