How was St.Kitts?

We had a good time in St. Kitts. Reminded me a lot of St. Maarten and I would say the people there were nice.

Not to be rude, but I'd have too disagree on this. St. Maarten is a 'slick and polished' island, completely catering to tourists.  St. Kitts, to me, seems like they just opened up to tourism and are still trying to 'figure it out'.  But I mean that in the best way possible - I've enjoyed my visits to St. Kitts, and look forward to visiting again this fall.

St. Maarten is the cool city everyone knows about.  St. Kitts is the small artsy town nearby that the general public hasn't discovered yet (but those in the know, love).

• 2 weeks later...

I really didn't expect much from St. Kitts. Our plan was get off the ship for a couple of hours simply because we felt obligated to. We ended up taking one of the van tours. We were blown away with the beauty, the people and the history of the island. We used Silver Lining Tours & Taxi. The guide was Castella "Cassie" Audain. She was the best!

post-2759-0-65230100-1469245570_thumb.jpeg

I really didn't expect much from St. Kitts. Our plan was get off the ship for a couple of hours simply because we felt obligated to. We ended up taking one of the van tours. We were blown away with the beauty, the people and the history of the island. We used Silver Lining Tours & Taxi. The guide was Castella "Cassie" Audain. She was the best!

Thanks for sharing the details! What did you do on the tour?

She gave us a lot of history on the island. Talked about how the government set up. We actually encountered the Deputy Prime Minister while on our tour. The guide stopped and chatted with him for a second. A lot of the tour was the history and agriculture of the island. She showed us some historical sites. She talked about the volcano. A lot of their beaches have black sand (from the lava), we saw a beach where there was a lot of lava rocks on the coast. We saw where the Caribbean Sea meets the Atlantic Ocean. We went to a few sites and just enjoyed the views and took photos.

She gave us a lot of history on the island. Talked about how the government set up. We actually encountered the Deputy Prime Minister while on our tour. The guide stopped and chatted with him for a second. A lot of the tour was the history and agriculture of the island. She showed us some historical sites. She talked about the volcano. A lot of their beaches have black sand (from the lava), we saw a beach where there was a lot of lava rocks on the coast. We saw where the Caribbean Sea meets the Atlantic Ocean. We went to a few sites and just enjoyed the views and took photos.

Sounds like a good tour! I will have to remember it for my next visit to St. Kitts

• 2 years later...
On 7/22/2016 at 11:46 PM, Phillip A. said:

post-2759-0-65230100-1469245570_thumb.jpeg

do you remember how much you paid per person?

• 4 weeks later...