NE/Canada Cruise Oct 2021 in trouble?

whitsmom

We did a L&S for our NE/Canada cruise from Oct 2020 to Oct 2021.  The cruise is still listed on my cruise page; however, when I search for a new NE/Canada cruise for Oct 2021 it is not there.  I may be due to it being a 9 day and because currently Canada has their border/ports closed.  I hope that is the case; however, I am a little more than worried at this point.  I know no one knows if there will be any sailings in 2021, but ..... I.REALLY.NEED.THIS.VACATION!!

32 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

All those cruises prior to November 2021 that are 7+ nights disappeared a while ago. I think it has to do with the CDC conditions. Those cruises aren’t cancelled, just in limbo at the moment.

My wife and two friends are booked on a late April Miami to Galveston 12 night. They have not been officially notified of a cancellation. Cruise still shows on their upcoming cruises and cruise planner purchases are still available.

BUT - on the phone yesterday with a dedicated Royal Vacation Planner, my wife was told that the cruise has been cancelled and will not be sailing as planned. Interesting that an employee would tell her that just a couple days after sending a reminder about final payment coming due later in the month.

Is it cancelled (with refunds due for what's already been paid)? Or is the trip off, but the official cancellation won't be made until AFTER final payment is due? The cynic in me says it's the latter.

Regardless of the CDC order, Canada has to allow people to enter their country for leisure...which, for all intents and purposes, is not currently allowed.  

Also, the last I knew, Bar Harbor, Maine banned cruise ships due to Covid and is looking to limit them going forward.  I can't see Portland allowing them either...at least until the pandemic is over.

Edited to add link about Bar Harbor.

https://www.mdislander.com/maine-news/town-council-again-weighs-in-on-cruise-ships

17 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

My wife and two friends are booked on a late April Miami to Galveston 12 night. They have not been officially notified of a cancellation. Cruise still shows on their upcoming cruises and cruise planner purchases are still available.

BUT - on the phone yesterday with a dedicated Royal Vacation Planner, my wife was told that the cruise has been cancelled and will not be sailing as planned. Interesting that an employee would tell her that just a couple days after sending a reminder about final payment coming due later in the month.

Is it cancelled (with refunds due for what's already been paid)? Or is the trip off, but the official cancellation won't be made until AFTER final payment is due? The cynic in me says it's the latter.

I am willing to bet any cruises that involve Canada will not be happening for the 2021 season.

I am also booked on a NE/Canada cruise in October on the Enchantment for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. I am hoping that they take the 9 days cruise down to 7 days.  I was also wondering if I should book another cruise just in case this one gets canceled because I REALLY want to go somewhere for our anniversary. 

22 minutes ago, zjennk said:

I am also booked on a NE/Canada cruise in October on the Enchantment for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. I am hoping that they take the 9 days cruise down to 7 days.  I was also wondering if I should book another cruise just in case this one gets canceled because I REALLY want to go somewhere for our anniversary. 

We’re booked for October 14th on the Freedom. I’m not sure if any cruising will happen from USA in 2021. I really do hope I’m completely wrong though. We have already rebooked our flights from the first time (Delta gave us a credit on the October 2020).