Car Rental Information - Port of Miami

KD412

Hello friends, 

Assuming things are safe and under control by then, my husband and I have our lifted and shifted honeymoon sailing on Navigator in September. Since the ship leaves on Monday, we are thinking of flying into Orlando earlier in the weekend, spending a few days there, and then heading to Miami to meet the ship. I have heard mention of a rental car option at the Port of Miami, but in searching online haven't found an address or anything solid. Could anyone direct me to a site or address or let me know what companies are options right there at the port? We'd prefer to rent a car in Orlando, return it at the port, and get on the ship from there. 

Thank you! 

There are no car rental companies immediately at the port.  In the past we have driven and just used the MIA airport as our rental car drop off location and then taken an Uber/Lyft to the port.  I'm not sure if there's a shuttle TO the port from the airport, but I know that there is one that goes FROM the port to the airport.

This blog post mentions the specific off-airport rental locations for the common rental companies at the bottom.  You could reach out to them individually to see if they offer a shuttle.

https://blog.autoslash.com/car-rentals-at-port-of-miami/

Many car rental companies will pick up at the port and shuttle to their closest location.  In some cases that is the airport in Miami but they ask to see a booking confirmation to avoid people using them as a transfer to the airport.  Hertz has an "HLE" location downtown with a shuttle to the port for example.  Some will only pick up at the port, some go both ways.  The trick is to get the phone number for that site because the centralized call centers never know about port shuttle buses.

FYI, we like using the Miami airport car rental. All of the rental car companies are together so there are many options if for some reason your car is not available. We rented from a small satellite rental agency and there were not many cars. Also, the cab driver had a hard time finding it.