Grandeur Home Ported in Barbados

On 3/1/2021 at 2:44 PM, twangster said:

When I added Air2Sea flights for my Grandeur cruise it was like adding prepaid gratuity.  It's on my booking but I don't have to pay for the flights now, I will pay when final payment is due.  Since it's refundable I can cancel the flights anytime before final payment.  In other words there is no risk adding A2S flights now and then shopping around.  However the guarantees that come with A2S makes them compelling if flying the same day.

tag-on question to this... 

I also booked A2S for my December Grandeur sailing, Atlanta - Barbados round-trip on AA.  Like you, since the final cruise payment isn't due yet, I got a reservation confirmation from Royal for the flights even though I didn't actually give them any money yet for the flights.  

The reservation shows up on my profile on aa.com, but it shows "ticket pending" and I can not select seats.  is this normal?  Do I not get an e-ticket issued until I do the final payment for the cruise & associated flights, or should I call A2S and make sure something isn't askew?  These are scheduled AA flights, not a charter, but this is my first time using A2S so I was not sure what to expect.  

8 minutes ago, PurdueFlyer said:

I also booked A2S for my December Grandeur sailing, Atlanta - Barbados round-trip on AA.  Like you, since the final cruise payment isn't due yet, I got a reservation confirmation from Royal for the flights even though I didn't actually give them any money yet for the flights.  

The reservation shows up on my profile on aa.com, but it shows "ticket pending" and I can not select seats.  is this normal?  Do I not get an e-ticket issued until I do the final payment for the cruise & associated flights, or should I call A2S and make sure something isn't askew?  These are scheduled AA flights, not a charter, but this is my first time using A2S so I was not sure what to expect.  

Let's just say the airlines tickets must be paid 100% in full in order for seat selections can be made.

6 minutes ago, PurdueFlyer said:

I rarely fly AA now and I've never used them with A2S.  

When I log in at aa.com I can see the trip and it shows the seats that the A2S agent gave me.  Status is 'Ticket Pending'.  I can't seem to change the seats or view a set map.  

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I rarely fly AA now and I've never used them with A2S.  

When I log in at aa.com I can see the trip and it shows the seats that the A2S agent gave me.  Status is 'Ticket Pending'.  I can't seem to change the seats or view a set map.  

OK so that jives with what my reservation looks like on aa.com as well.  thank you!  

On 3/7/2021 at 6:46 PM, PurdueFlyer said:

OK so that jives with what my reservation looks like on aa.com as well.  thank you!  

Same here. Somebody (either A2S or AA) assigned our seats a few days after we booked through A2S.  We can't change seats online but we can see the booking on AA.com and it shows "Ticket pending".

13 hours ago, Galveston Steve said:

Same here. Somebody (either A2S or AA) assigned our seats a few days after we booked through A2S.  We can't change seats online but we can see the booking on AA.com and it shows "Ticket pending".

A2S let me pick seats while I was on the phone with them.  Try calling.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Thanks.  They told me that if it had been a regular flight they could have chosen seats but not on a charter.  I will have to wait I guess !

Yup, I just called in to change something and they were able to assign my preferred seats now, they couldn't last month...  Well, except for one leg that my preferred was already taken.

*grumbles something about preferring Delta.*

31 minutes ago, joshgates said:

Yup, I just called in to change something and they were able to assign my preferred seats now, they couldn't last month...  Well, except for one leg that my preferred was already taken.

*grumbles something about preferring Delta.*

Josh, when is your cruise ?  Ours isn't until Feb 2022 so the flights aren't even officially open that far ahead.  

7 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Josh, when is your cruise ?  Ours isn't until Feb 2022 so the flights aren't even officially open that far ahead.  

Dec 5th, but staying on for a few so coming in the 4th and leaving the 2nd.  Return leg wasn't open for normal flights when I booked so called in today and got everything situated.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Recently saw Grandeur dry docked in Freeport. Does anyone know what all they’re doing to her? Someone at future cruise said it was a “massive renovation” but didn’t say anything else. Can’t imagine what “massive” could mean to a ship that size.