Grandeur Home Ported in Barbados

This is a new one ..... they just released a couple of sailings on Grandeur in 2022 that start/end at Barbados.  Wow.  Looks like I need to relocate closer to my precious Lady G.  The pricing and the couple of itineraries released are definitely in a "WOW" world.....dang.  And the pricing is good to.  You just need to get there.

@coneyraven 14 days is a problem.  However, I am ready to quit my job to sail on Lady G again (especially with that itinerary).  The Centrum is one our favourite places at sea to go dancing.  (We have even danced in the Centrum elevators).

How far can Bridgetown, Barbados be from Baltimore ... They all start with  letter "B", so they must be really, really close.

?

Curt from Canada

27 minutes ago, Matt said:

Moreover, Grandeur is not an option to pick from in the drop down

The way I found it was going in through "Ships" --- then selecting Grandeur, and lo and behold, sailings pop up ---- what really made it so wonky is that all the descriptions of the ship still referenced Baltimore, Bermuda and Canada sailings and such. Also, the sailing having times on certain days without a port or mentioning a Sea Day tells me things are still being put together. I think we unintentionally just got a sneak peak at things to come.  New and creative itineraries, which seems to be the trend.  For examples, sailings from Florida going to Bermuda --- that's new stuff right there.

14 days in the Southern Caribbean for $749PP?!?!?!?!? Man that sounds nice. I'm gonna save up my PTO! (Easy to do right now with nowhere to go!)

22 hours ago, coneyraven said:

This is a new one ..... they just released a couple of sailings on Grandeur in 2022 that start/end at Barbados.  Wow.  Looks like I need to relocate closer to my precious Lady G.

Relocate to Barbados? DO IT! This past year has proved we can work from anywhere!

I guess the idea of Barbados as an embarkation port shouldn’t come as such a surprise.  During the worst of the COVID travel restrictions, Barbados was one of the only countries that allowed crew to fly in and out from.  I think it would be great if Royal rewarded Barbados by making it an embarkation port.

There are those posters who have advocated, for some time, that Royal should have a Caribbean embarkation port.  Perhaps this will be it !

33 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Well, I can get there on American via Charlotte.  Not sure what other airlines fly into Bridgetown.

Really? American flies to Charlotte everyday from my closest airport (Flint Bishop Airport, 15 minutes away). This just keeps getting more appealing!

A couple of things come to mind.  All those ports that aren't usually available on RCCL will be awesome... to me especially Grenada.  Second, I don't know there is much hotel availability on that island.  I guess VRBO will pick up the slack.

On a side note, and this is true, my GGGGGGG Grandmother was a servant from Barbados (indentured servant).  To the best of my knowledge, she was born then in about 1630 (the island was settled in 1627 and was uninhabited for a period before then).  I wonder if I can get a hometown discount.

14 minutes ago, SPS said:

Really? American flies to Charlotte everyday from my closest airport (Flint Bishop Airport, 15 minutes away). This just keeps getting more appealing!

I just selected some random dates...nothing in particular.

It appears that there is 1 non-stop flight from CLT - GBI

image.thumb.png.72bbfdc2d3f786445f83861a19613348.png

There is 1 non-stop flight from MIA for the same dates.

image.thumb.png.206c91168f8f7f2edb0504fff8675cb8.png

Everything for AA seems to go through either MIA or CLT.

3 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I think it would be great if Royal rewarded Barbados by making it an embarkation port.

There are those posters who have advocated, for some time, that Royal should have a Caribbean embarkation port.  Perhaps this will be it !

I like your thinking as well!!!!!   

If by chance they do start Caribbean operations(embarkation) in another port other than San Juan, my grin will be from cheek to cheek!?  ?

3 hours ago, J_Keeble said:

WOW!

These are great itineries and as a UK resident flights are only £300 across the pond!

Furthermore what is Grandeur doing this year? i cant see anything before December?

Who knows ... things seem to be in a state of flux right now.  For those of us that love Lady G, it's very comforting to know that there is a plan for her..... and there are some AWESOME new ports and itineraries to choose from.  Assuming these become popular, hopefully she'll be sticking around for a while.

4 minutes ago, J_Keeble said:

I cant see why they wouldn't as they are great ports of call! im really tempted to book December 5th!

what do you love so much about her?

My wife and I are in our 50's ..... we don't need all the "bells and whistles" to enjoy ourselves.  Plus, our kids are grown, so, the fewer kids the better.  It's smaller, more intimate, just a slower pace, which is what we love.  Just show us where the bar, the food, and pool are, and we're good.  Even at night, we love going to the front of the ship and star gaze (We constantly watch it when the ISS goes over when we're at home in the central Appalachians.)

This is the second best news I've heard today!

New ports of call for Royal in St Vincent, Trinidad and Tobago; all in one cruise; and.....<drumroll> .......NO SEA DAYS!!!

I'm excited like European Cruise excited, Way to go Royal!

Could this mean the door is opening for stops in Venezuela????

I saw those itins with no sea days.  There is no way I would book a cruise with no sea days.  That would wear my a$$ out !  I have to have some "down" time between port calls.

I am booking the 14 day in Feb.  I am going to have to cancel a sailing on Symphony to do it but I am sailing on SY a LOT next spring.  I don't mind cancelling one.

29 minutes ago, bobroo said:

This is the second best news I've heard today!

New ports of call for Royal in St Vincent, Trinidad and Tobago; all in one cruise; and.....<drumroll> .......NO SEA DAYS!!!

We love the sea days. Choosing between an itinerary of 5 ports and 2 sea days vs 6 ports and 1 sea day is a complete no-brainer. 5/2 it is.

4/3 vs 5/2 depends on the ports but unless the 5th port gives us something spectacular, we'd lean toward the 4/3.

We really need to get ourselves enough time to do a TA or TP.