Smithsonian Channel Mighty Cruise Ships

Leroyr55

I have a bunch of these PVR'd that I watch from time to time when I am missing cruising.....great shows!

Good thing I already have that one saved so I can watch the more important thing on TV tonight..... Georgia State run off tonight.....that will defn have an effect on how quickly and easily we can start cruising imho!

Oh yes...and watch Team Canada beat the USA at the World Juniors too this evening!?

23 hours ago, monctonguy said:

I have a bunch of these PVR'd that I watch from time to time when I am missing cruising.....great shows!

I keep a whole bunch of travel shows on PVR for that reason. I like Mighty Cruise Ships, Samantha Brown's Places to Love and The Island Diaries (which is more informational than touristy). Bourdain's shows were great for this as well. 

My only gripe about the Mighty shows is that there is always a minor crisis where cruisers are late to get back to the ship - but make it back right before the ship casts off. 

11 minutes ago, KWong said:

I keep a whole bunch of travel shows on PVR for that reason. I like Mighty Cruise Ships, Samantha Brown's Places to Love and The Island Diaries (which is more informational than touristy). Bourdain's shows were great for this as well. 

My only gripe about the Mighty shows is that there is always a minor crisis where cruisers are late to get back to the ship - but make it back right before the ship casts off. 

It would be SO much better if they showed a couple dock runners that DON'T make it in time. 

Thanks for the heads up; recorded and just watched it an hour ago.

Tell me - why in the hell do I do this to myself?  IF we get to sail on Allure in Aug, it will be nearly 3 years

since my last cruise, and watching these shows just drive that stake through my soul.  I'm dying to walk that

plank, have a drink in my hand within 7 minutes, and then up to the hot tub!

Do they somehow hold back episodes from their streaming channel? I have Smithsonian channel on streaming and I am only allowed to see one season of "Mighty Cruise Ships".  When do they typically release new seasons/episodes to be viewed on the online stream?  Very disappointed I wasn't able to see this episode. ?