Celebrity Rookie Recommendations

Bob_KY

We've been Royal Loyal and have not ventured to other cruise lines.  We are booked for an 2022 Alaskan cruise on the Solstice [Sky Suite].  We've done the Radiance AK Cruise before and I've lived in Alaska for several years.  So, most of my questions are about Celebrity benefits and ship questions.

1.  What should I not miss on the ship? 

2.  Thoughts of The Retreat versus Royal's Sky Class?

3.  Restaurant recommendations?

4.  Seattle Port tips for embarkation and debarkation.

5.  Thoughts on Celebrity's Captains Club Elite level.

6.  Daily routine recommendations?

7.  Define Chic dress code?

Thanks!

Sky Class on Celebrity is worth the upgrade IMO.  Luminae is a great suite restaurant.  I put myself (and taste buds) in the hands of the sommelier and went with whatever wine they suggested paired based on my entree.   When I have access to a suite restaurant I don't tend to do specialty dining because I figure the extra cost of the suite and Luminae is enough.  

As far as Seattle the Uber/Lyft loft is a 5-10 minute walk but they do offer a free shuttle to the terminal.  Seattle comes with luggage valet when debarking (the port does it free) so if your flights are timed right you can have them deal with luggage and never see it again until your home airport.  It's a small terminal with limited seating so time your arrival carefully.  Usually two ships embarking that share common drive in lanes so have your luggage tagged and make sure your porter knows what ship you are boarding.  

With Always Included the Elite level doesn't represent very much anymore except laundry.

Chic dress code - not holy jeans and a t-shirt.  Something you might wear to an interview, on a date night with the SO or a special event where you don't want to be "street clothes". If family or friends were celebrating a big anniversary with a party you probably wouldn't wear grubby clothes.  Smart casual or something a notch above what you'd wear going to McDonalds.  Dress or designer jeans, nice khakis, a "fancy" collared shirt, no tie.   A step above street clothes will be fine.

On 1/9/2021 at 9:45 PM, KathyC said:

We did our first (and only, darn covid) celebrity sailing in Oct 2019 and loved it.  I actually did a post on the differences.  We were Aquaclass not in a suite, but you may find it informative with differences.  We sailed Summit right after her revolution.   

Awesome post!!!