Ovation Grand Suite 6634,obstructed view?

Helsy

Hi all,

I'm looking to book a grand suite on Ovation of the Seas. There's only one available, 6634. It states that it has an obstructed view because of the life boats. One other cruiser suggested that together with the standard balcony it has a separate small balcony and it is only if you open the door to this balcony that you see the life boats. Can someone confirm if this is the case? Has any cruised in this cabin? Many thanks Helen

We booked one of these Grand Suites on Anthem last year (last cruise we were on before the plague hit).  It was on deck 7 but the same layout.

If you have a choice between this configuration and a regular GS, I would not pay the extra money for this "large balcony".  I found the small balcony to be completely useless.  Some of that may have been the fact that it was just too darned cold outside to spend any time out there...but I feel like even if the weather had been better we still would not have used that small balcony.

I am not a fan of the GS on the Q class ships to start with.  I find them cramped and they have a much smaller feeling than any other GS I have ever been in, including the GS on Vision class !  I think the bathroom is really small and cramped and I don't care for the split sinks.  The only reason to book a GS on the Q class is if the Suites amenities are really important to you.  We hardly ever take that long trek back to the Suites Lounge (although it has a beautiful view) so that amenity is pretty much wasted.  Breakfast in the Coastal Kitchen might be the only real amenity to enjoy and the $$ for the full suite makes that amenity a bit on the pricey side, IMO.