Harmony transatlantic 2021

Linda R

21 hours ago, Linda R said:

Anyone heard anything offical about this cruise being cancelled yet?   Or rumors?

I am booked on this ship, but I also am expecting this cruise will be cancelled.

Thanks, Linda

Transatlantic cruise can't happen the CDC has banned all cruises longer than 7 days until November 1st.

Judging from the spread of this virus here and abroad it wouldn't surprise to see RC cancel their 2021 European season or restrict European cruises to Europeans only like what MSC did this past summer.  I think for sure the European season will be delayed for Americans because of the delay in rolling out the vaccines and I don't see Europe fully opening or relaxing restrictions to American tourist until mid to even late summer 2021. 

As far as the resumption of cruising here in the U.S. it wouldn't surprise me if we don't see anything before July 2021, and I'm talking about the simulated voyages. The first paying customers may not set foot on a cruise out of U.S.  ports until August or September 2021.

The CDC has three possible criteria for ending the ban. November 1, 2021, is just the fallback one.

If the Secretary of Health and Human Services no longer declares COVID-19 a "public health emergency" or if the CDC Director rescinds or modifies their order would also result in the ban being over (or modified).

3 hours ago, JasonOasis said:

Transatlantic cruise can't happen the CDC has banned all cruises longer than 7 days until November 1st.

Judging from the spread of this virus here and abroad it wouldn't surprise to see RC cancel their 2021 European season or restrict European cruises to Europeans only like what MSC did this past summer.  I think for sure the European season will be delayed for Americans because of the delay in rolling out the vaccines and I don't see Europe fully opening or relaxing restrictions to American tourist until mid to even late summer 2021. 

As far as the resumption of cruising here in the U.S. it wouldn't surprise me if we don't see anything before July 2021, and I'm talking about the simulated voyages. The first paying customers may not set foot on a cruise out of U.S.  ports until August or September 2021.

I was kind of thinking they could leave out of some Caribbean port, that is not US, and do transatlantic from there?  I keep trying to think of ways it might work.  But doubt it will.  I have another cruise in Med this summer, and is round trip out of Barcelona.  So as long as they can get the shows over there, even with no passengers, they can do Europe cruises as does not fall under CDC.  Jus the rules of the other countries, and who knows what that might be.

I have had the vaccine so that's covered if I need it anywhere.

Thanks for your comment!

6 hours ago, monctonguy said:

I agree.....slim to no chance this happens....

The April cruise has about zero chance of happening.  My May cruise maybe 50/50.  August is round trip out of Southampton and that is hopefully a go?

Have 8 cruises booked now and just keep calm and keep rebooking as they are cancelling.  What a year

16 hours ago, Marc said:

The CDC has three possible criteria for ending the ban. November 1, 2021, is just the fallback one.

If the Secretary of Health and Human Services no longer declares COVID-19 a "public health emergency" or if the CDC Director rescinds or modifies their order would also result in the ban being over (or modified).

I completely understand that but there are two issues the cruise industry is up against. First the only reason the no sail order was lifted was because the White House intervened.  I can almost assure you the incoming Biden Administration will not intervene on behalf of the cruise industry.  Secondly the availability of vaccines.  I give Trump credit for operation warp speed, but where the Trump Administration dropped the ball was with their original order they only ordered 100 million doses from Pfizer, and I think 100 million does from Moderna, but they order 300 million doses from AstraZeneca.  AstraZeneca was supposed to apply for emergency FDA approval in late December.  Now here in the US they are having to redo their phase 3 trails do to serious problems with their data and the fact they didn't test the vaccine on older Americans.  I know the UK has approve their vaccine but it was just reported the FDA does not anticipate even considering emergency use authorization until this new phase 3 trail here in the US is complete with all new data and that won't wrap up until April at the earliest. The next company up for FDA approval is Johnson & Johnson but again the current administration originally only order around 150-200 million doses.  The additional orders the White House placed for Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson only happened in December after it was revealed that there were serious problems with AstraZenca's phase 3 trials but those additional vaccines won't be delivered until early summer 2021.  Also Johnson & Johnson is not expected to apply for emergency use authorization until late January after Trump leaves office.  Will the incoming administration apply any pressure on the FDA to expedite the review process for Johnson & Johnson I'm not sure Biden will do that because of the criticism he has leveled  against the current Administration for pressuring the FDA to expedite the approval of Pfizer and Moderna.

I want this to end just as much as anyone else, even though I'm new to this blog site I've been cruising yearly taking multiple cruises since 2008 and I have 2 cruises booked a 7 day in late October on Symphony of the Seas and a 9 day in November on Odyssey of the Seas, in fact I'm ready to book a summer 7 night Caribbean cruise should cruising resume by then. So make no mistake about it I want the CDC to update this ban on cruises over 7 nights as soon as possible but will any of it happen before fall 2021 I'm not sure it will.

On 1/1/2021 at 7:26 AM, JasonOasis said:

I completely understand that but there are two issues the cruise industry is up against. First the only reason the no sail order was lifted was because the White House intervened.  I can almost assure you the incoming Biden Administration will not intervene on behalf of the cruise industry.  Secondly the availability of vaccines.  I give Trump credit for operation warp speed, but where the Trump Administration dropped the ball was with their original order they only ordered 100 million doses from Pfizer, and I think 100 million does from Moderna, but they order 300 million doses from AstraZeneca.  AstraZeneca was supposed to apply for emergency FDA approval in late December.  Now here in the US they are having to redo their phase 3 trails do to serious problems with their data and the fact they didn't test the vaccine on older Americans.  I know the UK has approve their vaccine but it was just reported the FDA does not anticipate even considering emergency use authorization until this new phase 3 trail here in the US is complete with all new data and that won't wrap up until April at the earliest. The next company up for FDA approval is Johnson & Johnson but again the current administration originally only order around 150-200 million doses.  The additional orders the White House placed for Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson only happened in December after it was revealed that there were serious problems with AstraZenca's phase 3 trials but those additional vaccines won't be delivered until early summer 2021.  Also Johnson & Johnson is not expected to apply for emergency use authorization until late January after Trump leaves office.  Will the incoming administration apply any pressure on the FDA to expedite the review process for Johnson & Johnson I'm not sure Biden will do that because of the criticism he has leveled  against the current Administration for pressuring the FDA to expedite the approval of Pfizer and Moderna.

I want this to end just as much as anyone else, even though I'm new to this blog site I've been cruising yearly taking multiple cruises since 2008 and I have 2 cruises booked a 7 day in late October on Symphony of the Seas and a 9 day in November on Odyssey of the Seas, in fact I'm ready to book a summer 7 night Caribbean cruise should cruising resume by then. So make no mistake about it I want the CDC to update this ban on cruises over 7 nights as soon as possible but will any of it happen before fall 2021 I'm not sure it will.

I actually have a 7 day cruise booked back to back.  Not sure if they allow that, but no problems booking it.  Will see what happens?

Following!

my wedding on Harmony is meant to be September 26th Voyage but Harmony isnt even over the pond yet, i know Allure is still over here but thought Harmony was due its mandatory 5 year maintenance? will it still be able to sail if it doesn't get that Maintenance done?

I know Allure is a fine ship but was particularly looking forward to harmony with her Amped features for my guests to enjoy.

• 3 months later...

Anyone any further news on Harmony trans-atlantic October 31? This cruise now missing from Vacations to Go and from RCL's booking site but my reservation remains as open under my account. RCL shows Harmony having cruises up to October 31 in Europe then again in the Caribbean from November 14. No news on the trans-atlantic though.

6 hours ago, MGVM said:

Anyone any further news on Harmony trans-atlantic October 31? This cruise now missing from Vacations to Go and from RCL's booking site but my reservation remains as open under my account. RCL shows Harmony having cruises up to October 31 in Europe then again in the Caribbean from November 14. No news on the trans-atlantic though.

Welcome to the message boards.

Basically nothing has changed.  At this time the CDC conditional sail order remains in place which is preventing the cruise lines from marketing or offering these cruises to new guests. 

We are booked on this TA also and I have talked to Royal about the possibility of this one sailing.  So far their answer is it’s still scheduled to sail. 
They also said the reason it’s not on the RCI website for booking is because its’s sold out?  It’s my understanding that if the CDC has approved cruising to resume in the US by then the Harmony will be arriving at Port Canaveral on Nov 14 which should be ok?  Right now Barcelona is resuming a somewhat normal life with vaccinations in process and even having public concerts. 
so fingers crossed that by October we can travel to Barcelona and cruise in to Port Canaveral. 

We are booked on the cruise too. I think it has about a 40% chance of going at this point. If all ducks align in a row, it could happen. As others suggested, some small modifications could be made as well.

Good news is ship is restaffing now, cruise director already onboard. I think we can expect an announcement soon that should provide some more clarity.

We have the cruise before and the transatlantic books (moved from 2020) hopeful that this sails as just booked AirBnB room in Barcelona prior to the trip

i was worried that the transatlantic was no longer on RCCL web site, good if the answer is it is booked. (Not sure how that plays with capacity mandates) , it still shows as being in Port Canaveral after (though the week after arrival doesn’t show up, not sure it it is also sold out or they are holding that week to switch markets

35 minutes ago, BobWaterman said:

We have the cruise before and the transatlantic books (moved from 2020) hopeful that this sails as just booked AirBnB room in Barcelona prior to the trip

i was worried that the transatlantic was no longer on RCCL web site, good if the answer is it is booked. (Not sure how that plays with capacity mandates) , it still shows as being in Port Canaveral after (though the week after arrival doesn’t show up, not sure it it is also sold out or they are holding that week to switch markets

Unfortunately it was removed when CDC banned all cruises over 7 nights before Oct. 31. Jury is still out if it’s allowed to go under that rule or if sailing will need to be adjusted. I think first focus is getting cruises restarted in general from US.

It appears an announcement regarding Harmony may be imminent. Apparently Harmony cruises through October have been removed from at least one big box TA's website although they are still on sale on Royal's site. This all fits in with Marc Walker's mid-May timeline on his vanishing FB post a few months back.

• 2 weeks later...

It’s been very quiet on the European front as of late, was hoping to have some updates by now. Good news is that Harmony is still cruising around empty in the Med, picking up supplies in Barcelona every now and then. No more updates from Marc Walker though (cruise director slated to return to Harmony), he still appears to be in Florida. ?

9 hours ago, Heymarco said:

No more updates from Marc Walker though (cruise director slated to return to Harmony), he still appears to be in Florida. ?

He posted a pic of the ocean on his FB page yesterday that someone had sent to him from Allure and I spotted this in the comments:

Poster: "You are going to be on harmony right?"

Marc: "Not sure"

17 hours ago, Heymarco said:

It’s been very quiet on the European front as of late, was hoping to have some updates by now. Good news is that Harmony is still cruising around empty in the Med, picking up supplies in Barcelona every now and then. No more updates from Marc Walker though (cruise director slated to return to Harmony), he still appears to be in Florida. ?

I just purchased some shore excursions for the cruise right before this (before they sell out) still looking positive that Harmony will sail from Barcelona this year. Not sure of the status of the port of Barcelona’s closure to cruise ships and if they are waiting for something specific. Most of the web searches return 2020 data.

also, is there a roll call for the transatlantic? Couldn’t find it.

thanks

Bob

He's definitely on Allure. His latest post on FB shows him on a ship in Miami, so clearly not Harmony or Symphony since both are in Europe.

From the angle of the photo and the Marine Traffic map on the Port Miami webcam site you can tell it is Allure.