Why so much less? Allure November 2021

PRebecca

Hi all!

We're currently booked on the Thanksgiving RCB GC for November 2021 (and it can't come quick enough) in what will be our first 'real' suite. For this first time in a LONG time I'm checking pricing for other cruises and noticed there's an 8 day Allure trip with 4 ports that very much appeal to me for $1,500 less than the 7 day Harmony trip in the same suite class. Any idea why that would be priced lower than the 7 day Harmony? Is there something I am missing or is it just the random price differences we see? That itin is Dominican Republic, St. Thomas, St. Marin and St. Kitts. I may jump ship (haha) and change our trip unless I am missing something.

I understand the holiday trips cost more, and Allure isn't as new as Harmony but in exchange for another night on the ship and another great port stop it seems I may be missing something obvious as to why that may not appeal.

TIA, I hope you're all having a great holiday season!

I suspect that it is a combination of the Harmony being a holiday cruise and the fact that Allure failed to get her upgrades. For a while, right after it was announced that Allure would not get the upgrades, Allure sailings were noticeably $$ lower than the other O class ships...but I think they have stabilized to some degree, now.

If you decide to switch sailings, let us know how that goes.  In the pre-COVID days, you would have been penalized $100 PP for "cancelling" a full suite on Harmony.  With CWC, I'm guessing they would give you a FCC for the amount of your deposit, which you could then use to book the Allure 8 night....but not sure how quickly all of that would happen. If it were me, I would probably go ahead and pay the deposit on the new Allure sailing and then apply the Harmony FCC once it is disbursed to you.

On top of the points that @WAAAYTOOOmade, Oasis/Allure have normally been cheaper than Harmony/Symphony. That has been the trend for a while now.

They are waiving the change fee on suites but that will only last until either the end of this month or next. I cannot remember. But if you are moving, do it soon.

20 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

That's news to me !  I guess it makes sense with CWC.....I just hadn't realized that they were straight up waiving the change fees for suites.  Thanks !!

Yes, I have moved things around several times now in recent months. That is why my TA gave me a heads up that it’s ending in case I move anything else.