16 Night Transpacific Cruise - Are suites normally available on positioning cruises ?

R.J.

I am looking into booking a 16 Night Transpacific Cruise Leaving from Sydney, Australia on Ovation of the Seas departing Apr 10, 2022 - Apr 25, 2022.

I can see the cruise and I can book a room. However I would prefer to book a suite and it is shown as sold out.

It might be just me but I strongly doubt that a cruise that is 470 days away, that is 16 nights long would be so popular that all of the suites are sold out.

Does anyone have any insight as to the longer cruises as to whether or not they shut down areas (sections) of the ship? In this case the suite section of the ship.

I wouldn't at all be surprised that they are sold out with all of the lift and shifting combined with the double Crown and Anchor promotions.  They would not shut down the suites area.  With everyone having so many canceled cruises this one might be very popular.  You may want to work with a travel agent, who might have some insight into it.

9 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I wouldn't at all be surprised that they are sold out with all of the lift and shifting combined with the double Crown and Anchor promotions.  They would not shut down the suites area.  With everyone having so many canceled cruises this one might be very popular.  @WAAAYTOOO is booked on that sailing, and I'd put money on it that she  has a suite of some sort.

You may want to work with a travel agent, who might have some insight into it.

Actually, the suites on this cruise ARE sold out.  There was quite a bit of shuffling that went on a number of weeks ago due to a cancelled/redirected Quantum of the Seas TP that was supposed to leave out of Sydney but was redirected down to Brisbane.  Rather than transferring all of the pax from the QoS Sydney departure down to the Brisbane departure, they just cancelled everyone on the Quantum SYD-HNL sailing.  Many, many pax who were booked on the Quantum jumped over to Ovation with no price protection.  It was handled SO badly.

We are on the prior sailing (NZ 11 night) and the following 16 night TP to HNL.  We're waiting for the final leg to be published (HNL to YVR).  The prices on those suites shot through the roof once the Quantum debacle materialized but they still sold out very quickly.  If you have your heart set on a suite, I would do as @SpeedNoodlessuggests and get a good Travel Agent to wait list you for a suite but go ahead and book another room just so that you have something.  I expect the other categories on that sailing to become more and more scarce.

If you want to read the wailing and gnashing of teeth for yourself, go to the roll call for this sailing and/or the now-cancelled QoS SYD-HNL sailing.  It was not pretty.

Good luck !!!

Well I stand corrected !!! (And disappointed)

Who needs a travel agent for info when I have WAAAYTOOO and SpeedNoodles providing me with such a wealth of information.

I think that WAAAYTOOO spends so much time on cruises that they should receive an honorary Merchant Mariner Credential.

Transatlantic and Transpacific cruise book out very fast, especially suites.  And they are only 2 of these cruises a year with each ship that travels these routes.  

We always to Transatlantic every spring and book within a couple days of when they come available to book.  Certain categories  of cabins can book out in days. 

I also recommend to get put on wait list and book another cabin to at least hold a spot.  And a good travel agent is worth their weight in gold!

Good Luck

On 12/25/2020 at 1:17 PM, R.J. said:
I am looking into booking a 16 Night Transpacific Cruise Leaving from Sydney, Australia on Ovation of the Seas departing Apr 10, 2022 - Apr 25, 2022.

I can see the cruise and I can book a room. However I would prefer to book a suite and it is shown as sold out.

It might be just me but I strongly doubt that a cruise that is 470 days away, that is 16 nights long would be so popular that all of the suites are sold out.

Does anyone have any insight as to the longer cruises as to whether or not they shut down areas (sections) of the ship? In this case the suite section of the ship.

I just looked at transatlantic for 2022 online.  Only 6 Jr Suites shown available and 1 Grand Loft.  I booked 11 days ago, only 1 day after they came out as available to book. The rate I booked then for Jr Suite is now $1,800 more.    Just to show you how fast those book out.  And how fast the prices go up.    

4 minutes ago, Linda R said:

I just looked at transatlantic for 2022 online.  Only 6 Jr Suites shown available and 1 Grand Loft.  I booked 11 days ago, only 1 day after they came out as available to book. The rate I booked then for Jr Suite is now $1,800 more.    Just to show you how fast those book out.  And how fast the prices go up.    

4 minutes ago, Linda R said:

April 2022 on Odyssey