Best Cruise Hotels in Ft. Lauderdale

Hi guys,

The wife and I are going to be cruising on the Oasis this year, leaving October 1st.  We're in NJ and have only cruised out of either Bayonne or Manhattan, so this will be our first cruise where we've flown in to port.  I'm looking to book the flight/hotel pretty soon, and was wondering what y'all thought of some of the hotels around the area?  Is there any partiuclar one that stands out as having good transportation services, or should I just stick with an Uber from airport -> hotel -> port?  Looking forward to your suggestions!

Thanks,

Phill

I liked the Embassy Suits on 17th. Very big room with living rooms attached, cool courtyard atrium in the center of building (giving everyone a view out of front door), great breakfest, and very close to port with frequent shuttles.

Half of the building has a view of the port where you can clearly see the ships, if your on the other half atleast they have public balconys on every floor where you can enjoy the view.

Me and my wife were frustrated with the prices of hotels in Fort Lauderdale, so we figured 'screw it', might as well spend 50 above average and get a nice place. We loved it.

ES is always a good Choice. I've done the Hyatt Pier 66 and it was great but too pricey to justify again. Will be using the Holiday Inn Express just down the street from the ES in November, as the ES is not able to keep the car over Thanksgiving.

I live in East Fort Lauderdale & I can tell you that anything along the 17th Street corridor is a good choice. Embassy has a publix supermarket & total wine as well as a bunch of places to eat within a 2 min walk. I like high floors looking South at Hilton Marina as well. If you have any questions I can answer. Oct is well within our season down here so expect to pay top dollar no matter where you stay (unless you are going super low end).

We have stayed at the Renaissance on 17th directly across from the Walgreens on 4 separate occasions.  The hotel is in excellent condition, aesthetically immaculate and friendly and prompt service.  They have the onsite shuttle service you can sign up for, for a 'nominal fee'. Or, you can just uber for a fraction of the price.  

Ive stayed at the Extended Stay on 17th as well.  It's a good back-up in case you're hard pressed to find a room.  Clean, friendly, and walking distance to the Walgreens.  

I'll echo the sentiments of another poster:  The 17th street corridor has wonderful options for you to choose from.