Cabin Changes?

FManke

This is going to sound really weird but one thing I would have loved to be able to change was the toilet in our OV cabin on Serenade. It was set so high that my feet dangled 4 inches above the floor and because of the shape of the seat it was really uncomfortable! We were very thankful for the public facilities on that particular cruise! ?

An outlet near the bed for device charging would be good. But casting to the TV or some sort of in room streaming option would be good for times when you just want to chill even an in house movie channel or two or some popular TV shows. And have to agree about a larger shower. I honestly would be willing to sacrifice a little space in the room for that.  

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely agree with more outlets by the beds...my husband snores HORRIBLY...at home, I can move to another room, but that's not an option on a ship. With the WiFi package, I can stream a podcast to listen to and drown out the snoring, but my battery would die if I left it on all night. 
I would love ALL of the showers to have a foot rest for shaving. I've sailed in some that had this feature, and some that did not. With the showers being as small as they are, this is a huge help!

21 hours ago, krhardy said:

Definitely agree with more outlets by the beds

There is a valid alternative to having more power outlets in the cabin. Rather than powering your phone/tablet directly form the outlet using a wall wart use a battery power bank. These are portable  rechargeable batteries that have USB outputs. They are fairly cheap on Amazon and the higher capacity ones can power a phone for several recharges. It can not only play all night but charge your phone at the same time. I just place my power bank and phone on the table next to the bed.

Just an thought.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2021 at 8:30 AM, stevendom57 said:

There is a valid alternative to having more power outlets in the cabin. Rather than powering your phone/tablet directly form the outlet using a wall wart use a battery power bank. These are portable  rechargeable batteries that have USB outputs. They are fairly cheap on Amazon and the higher capacity ones can power a phone for several recharges. It can not only play all night but charge your phone at the same time. I just place my power bank and phone on the table next to the bed.

Just an thought.

We like our solar powered banks too, great resource, and can charge on our balcony!!

On 12/23/2020 at 4:33 PM, twangster said:

Better wifi reception and the ability to cast or stream to the TVs in the cabin.

You absolutely nailed it, I know we get on a cruise let loose and have fun but every now and then while relaxing in your cabin you want to watch TV.  The ability to cast or stream from a personal devise would be great because their current closed loop programing plus the 2 news channels are terrible.  

Also as others have noted more power outlets and I would really love a steamer. For years RC allowed me to bring my steamer onboard in my carryon but in November of 2018 they took it from me at Port Everglades and said RC would no longer allow steamers.  I want a steamer in the cabin.