Crown Loft suite vs. Aquatheater room on Symphony of the Seas

Hi All Fellow Cruisers:

Has anyone stayed in both of these rooms previously who can provide an opinion on which is best.  The price for these rooms on our cruise (hopefully) coming up on July 17, 2021 is the same.  They both seem unique.  I was wondering also about the structure to the back of the ship in front of some of the rooms- does it block the view?

Thank you!

If pricing is the same, I would likely go with the crown loft side facing. If Aqua is deck 11 and crown loft is rear facing it is a tossup. Decide between convenience of location in crown loft vs view of Aqua. Rooms get smaller on deck 12 and even smaller on 14. Side Crown lofts have better ocean view than rear facing. 

Welcome to the message boards.

The loft suites are found on deck 17 in an area of the ship that is dedicated to suite guests.  Found in this area on deck 17 is the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen the restaurant dedicated to suite guests.  For this reason the loft suites benefit due to proximity to these suite only resources in an area of the ship where only suite cabins are found.  

The ATS suites are located fully aft on many different decks.  They are not with an area dedicated to suite cabins.  

That covers the basic location differences between the two.

The ATS suites have commanding views aft that allow a view to one side of the ship that pans over to include views of the aqua theater.  Many people enjoy wake views on a ship and these cabins are the best way to have wake views along with a view of the aqua theater.  ATS balconies don't have a lot of balcony privacy given the proximity to the aqua theater and the boardwalk area.  They do allow some privacy if you walk over to the side of the balcony away from the aqua theater.

Loft suites can face aft or to the side.  The aft view loft suites overlook the sports deck such as the mini golf area or the sports court where things like basketball are played.  These cabins have some aft views of the wake but are in close proximity to the sports deck so they are good for people watching but lack balcony privacy.  The side facing loft suites have excellent privacy as they face the sea.

ATS are single level cabins.  

Loft suites are two level cabins which is more rare on cruise ships.

Those are the facts and from we get into some opinions.

ATS suites involve a long walk to the aft of the ship.  Oasis class are the longest passenger ships so being all the way aft requires a long walk.  You get access to the suite resources on deck 17 but it's a long walk and an elevator ride to get there.

Loft suites provide much better access to the suite resources like the suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen.  You can quickly and easily pop into the suite lounge for a drink when staying in a loft suite.

The two story loft suites have a two story wall of windows from floor to ceiling.  There is a certain WOW! factor with such a massive wall of windows.  The ATS suites are nicely appointed as suites are, but they don't have the same WOW! factor to them in my opinion.

The loft balconies are smaller than most ATS balconies.

Personally I prefer side facing loft suites.

I agree with @AlmondFarmer.  While the ATS 1 BR is a very unique suite, I think the CLS is even better.  It is a LONG walk all the way aft to the Aqua Theater area and it gets old by the end of the week.  The CLS are very convenient to the Suites Lounge and Coastal Kitchen. I would NOT recommend a 1 BR ATS above deck 11.  They get really small as they go up in elevation.

How many people ?  If there are more than 2, I definitely recommend the CLS.

Regarding the view....the ATS have an unobstructed view of the Aqua Theater but the 1 BR suites are pretty high up there.  There are no real obstructions to the views of the CLS but the ones facing aft over the basketball courts and the miniature golf course don't have the beautiful ocean view that the side facing ones do.

My very first experience with the "high end suites" began with the 1 BR ATS so they have a special place in my heart.  I think they are a definite "must do" once but knowing what I know now, if I were given a choice between the 1 BR ATS and the CLS, I would choose the CLS.

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone, 

I am traveling next month on Symphony of the Seas and looking to upgrade to a Crown Loft Suite.  For those that have stayed in these types of cabins on the 17th floor, can you tell me if you experienced a lot of movement due to the cabin being so high and in the back?  One of my daughters does get sea sick easily and want to see if you experienced a lot of movement in this cabin.  We are currently in a 1 bedroom Grand Suite mid ship and wondering if it’s worth the upgrade. Looking forward to our cruise. Thank you for comments ahead of time 🙂