Multiple visits to à la carte restaurants with the unlimited dinning package

R.J.

As per Matt's comments for Unlimited dinning at restaurants with a la carte pricing, the package includes a $35 food credit towards the food portion of your bill. The exception is Portside BBQ and Playmakers, where you will get a $20 food credit.)

It says per visit on the blog website and Royal says "Guests with a dining package will get a $35 credit towards the food portion, any cost in addition of that credit will be charged at our normal a la carte rate."

Can you make multiple visits per day using the unlimited dinning package for specialty restaurants with a la carte pricing ?

Not to make it too obvious, could I order a meal within the food credit. And then go back and order again ?

Is there a time limit between orders ?

Thank you very much for your help. Who's to judge ? "It's a cruise" I didn't know if the system kept track of when you ordered and then prohibited you using it again on the same day.

I am not a cheap skate but if I can utilize something that I have paid for - why not use it.

If you were very hungry and went back for seconds, do you think that they would allow you to do that and apply a fresh credit to the next order ?

I was thinking of attempting the wing challenge @ $45 and wanted to avoid any out of pocket expenses.

Do you know if the credit is cumulative if you have multiple family members dinning ? i.e. 4 family members dinning with the unlimited dinning package giving you an $80 credit ?

I believe getting seconds without leaving the restaurant only counts as one visit so you'll have to pay.  I also think they would frown upon you walking out the door, turning around, and coming back in.  The terms say something along the lines of "visit as often as you like as long as the restaurant has seating available" (not a real quote).  I think that gives them the leeway to deny you if you try to find the limits.

But in general, yes you can do multiple visits even in the same day.  They do not care who eats what so if 4 people come in and order using their credit but 1 person eats all the food, that would be strange but impressive and free!

7 minutes ago, kittysoul said:

so, if i have the unlimited dining package and want to eat at the other restaurants for dinner at 6 and then  go to playmakers at 10 or 11pm each night for an after dinner treat and games, this would  all be covered in the unlimited dining package .. ?!  

So far that has been successful however each ship is free to make up their own policy.  

10 minutes ago, kittysoul said:

does the unlimited dining package include eating at Johnny Rockets?

Highly variable.  A few cases have been reported where it was covered but my own success rate is zero.  

Having said that the Playmakers Burger beats JR by 1000%.  I don't even try JR when there is a PM.

It is my opinion (and nothing more) that when they decided to turn the Ultimate Dining Plan into the Unlimited Dining Plan, they truly meant for it to be unlimited.  I'm sure they realized that there will be some people who will try and "game" the system but for the most part, I believe that people just come in, eat what they want and leave.  I agree with @twangsterthat Johnny Rocket is an anomaly.  Some ships will include it in the UDP and some do not.  Some ships allow you to have a milkshake using the DBP and some do not.  Some ships will allow you to go to JR and get ONLY a milkshake, using the DBP (not requiring you to eat at all) and some will not.

We nearly always purchase both the UDP and the DBP and honestly, I have never been turned away from any restaurant or told that my plan would not cover whatever I was seeking.  I've still never eaten at a Playmakers so I cannot say what would happen if someone wanted to eat, leave and come back for more. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/24/2020 at 7:02 PM, kittysoul said:

does the unlimited dining package include eating at Johnny Rockets?

I have never had UDP personally so far. Royals own faq says:

Q

What restaurants are included in the Unlimited Dining Package?

A

The following restaurants are included in the Unlimited Dining Package. Please note that restaurants vary by ship and are subject to availability.

Package does not include premium experiences such as Chefs Table, Mystery Theater Dinner, Wine Pairing Menus and up charges for special food selections.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-restaurants-are-included-in-the-unlimited-dining-package