Question?

1 hour ago, 1978bucketlist said:

My cruise on Empress of sea is canceled because they sold the ship

I purchased travel insurance thru Alliance. Since RC canceled, do I have a chance of getting insurance refunded?

I had a cruise booked on the majesty and it got canceled, and I also purchased insurance with National Wide, I contacted the broker and they said to give them all the info including if you are getting a refund, and they will forwarded it to the carrier, but don't know if I will be able to get the money back.. 

3 hours ago, Cruisegirl1976 said:

I had a cruise booked on the majesty and it got canceled, and I also purchased insurance with National Wide, I contacted the broker and they said to give them all the info including if you are getting a refund, and they will forwarded it to the carrier, but don't know if I will be able to get the money back.. 

Empress and Majesty cruises that have been cancelled should have an option for a full refund to the original payment method.  That may not be the default action if you don't inform them of that choice.

It can become more involved when FCC from a different cancelled cruise was used as part or all of the payment for a Majesty or Empress cruise.  If that's the case a full refund may not be an option.  It depends.

15 hours ago, 1978bucketlist said:

I purchased travel insurance thru Alliance. Since RC canceled, do I have a chance of getting insurance refunded?

If Alliance (Allianz?) is anything like my experience with Travelex, you should have no problem. I contacted Travelex back in May / June to let them know my cruise that had been scheduled for August had been canceled, and I'd chosen to get a refund rather than Lift & Shift or FCC. I had to provide all the refund receipts to show that the full dollar value of what I'd said needed to be covered had been refunded to me -- cruise fare, air fare, excursions, on-board purchases, etc. But once done, they issued me the refund of my policy premium with no challenge or complaint.

On 12/21/2020 at 12:02 PM, twangster said:

Empress and Majesty cruises that have been cancelled should have an option for a full refund to the original payment method.  That may not be the default action if you don't inform them of that choice.

It can become more involved when FCC from a different cancelled cruise was used as part or all of the payment for a Majesty or Empress cruise.  If that's the case a full refund may not be an option.  It depends.

I am getting a refund through RCCL for the cruise, but I need to get my nationwide cruise insurance refunded..