FCC Question

nate91

Hi all,

I have a very specific FCC question that I hope someone can answer. I've been trying to find an answer for this on the blog and could not. This article:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2020/06/26/you-can-combine-future-cruise-credits-instead-of-separately-being-reissued

tells how I can combine FCC's. My question is, if I have a cruise (CRUISE 1) that has been paid for partially in FCC, and partially by credit card (let's say $1000 FCC and $500 cash for total cost of $1500 cruise), and I have another entirely separate FCC for say, $700, from an entirely different cancelled sailing (CRUISE 2), is this article saying:

1. When CRUISE 1 is cancelled, the $1000 FCC will be combined with $500 cash to made a $1500 FCC, entirely separate from my $700 FCC from CRUISE 2. These two FCCs will have to be applied to two separate cruises in the future and cannot be combined (I'm guessing this is the answer).

OR

2. When CRUISE 1 is cancelled, the $1000 FCC will be combined with the $500 cash AND is able to be combined with the $700 FCC from CRUISE 2, giving me one SUPERSIZED FCC of $2200. 

I'm guessing it's option 1, but I wasn't entirely clear on how the combining worked. I have a few FCCs and am struggling to figure out how to use them by the deadline. Option 2 would give me more flexibility, as I have FCC's that are larger than the final payments needed for my 2021 cruises. 

Thanks for your insight!

That's what I was afraid of. So if I use a $1000 FCC on a remaining cruise balance of $900, I will be issued a separate $100 FCC that can only be used on one sailing with no other FCCs allowed on that sailing, correct? This essentially negates the usefulness of the extra 25%, at least for me, and makes me think I may need to convert my FCC's back to refunds before it's too late. 

Also a bit concerning is the lack of extension of FCC usage, as far as I'm aware.

@twangsteris correct. There is a certain amount of leeway with the FCCs that go unsaid. Sort of a YMMV sort of thing. 

That being said, the official answer is that no, you cannot stack them at the moment. For your specific situation, you could either upgrade if you don’t want that extra $100 remaining, or the safer thing to do would be take your refund before the end of the year.

As far as extensions go, Celebrity did extend their FCC deadline today to May 2022 so perhaps Royal will follow suit.