Do you think March 2021 Symphony will be cancelled?

Beachgirl

No one knows, but my guess is yes.  We cancelled our Harmony March cruise.  People speculate that when they start up, it will be the 3 and 4 day cruises (but again, until Royal confirms anything, no one actually knows).  Also, with a vaccine around the corner, maybe Royal will wait it out a bit longer for people to get vaccinated.  Who knows.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GaryAA said:

We have a cruise booked on the Symphony April 24th. We are hoping it will sail but we’ve had 5 cruises cancelled already so we won’t be surprised if it is a no-go. At the same time, you don’t want to cancel and then have the ship sail away without you...

According to an order issued in October, any cruise line that wants to restart from the United States needs to apply for a conditional sailing certificate 60 days before a voyage. But before that happens, they need to run test sailings with volunteers — and must provide written notice 30 days in advance.

The CDC said this week that no cruise line had applied for a certificate yet.

On 12/11/2020 at 11:56 AM, monctonguy said:

Nope....nothing til at least  May/June....if you want to play it safe..I say Fall of 21 probably

Don't want to say i told you so but..lol

So Cruises cancelled till May now and I am guessing that it would be 90 days after that before they could resume regular sailings.....so fall at the earliest now really.

5 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

Don't want to say i told you so but..lol

So Cruises cancelled till May now and I am guessing that it would be 90 days after that before they could resume regular sailings.....so fall at the earliest now really.

Would you say this also applies to Med sailings? I believe they will considering nothing is moving over there. And rumor has it that NCL will be testing their first cruise out of Montenegro, sometime in May. Of course this is tentative.

Yeah..I haven't followed it much for Europe and Med to be honest as I have no skin in the game for cruising there....i think it will be back on a larger scale quicker in North America to be honest...but will there be a few cruises over there first to test the waters so to speak on a small scale?.....could be I suppose...but I am not so sure