Conundrum

deep1

I like most of you have been cancelled, rebooked, lifted +shifted, refunded, FCC'd and run around over these last few months. RCL catches a lot of heat but I still give them a thumbs up. This is a fluid situation for them as well. With each cancellation I have been able to make clear informed and wise decisions. I have been able to head off trouble by planning well in advance and making my moves when appropriate. Well...... I have a booking in harms way 5 night March run on Indy. This actually is the  re booking of the very original that started this roller coaster. The original itself morphed into several new bookings. I found this particular one a few months ago. Perfect fit!!! Same ship, itinerary, length etc. To boot, I found it so dirt cheap I thought it was a misprint... 

Well here I am looking at it with its head on the chopping block if there is another extension. Also looking at it as possibly one of those so early in reopening that its going to be overly regulated, rigid and stuffy.  With a couple of the cancellations along the way, it made sense to take the FCC and apply to another of similar duration, itinerary and COST. Then we had a couple that the lift and shift were home runs! So.... Looking at lift and shifts I see absolutely zero that match up with this one. No same ship,  itinerary, length, etc... Looked at three departure ports even...  Ok, look at a fcc and rebook. I am finding zero matching up any time and certainly not near what I paid for this one. Id have to cough up double on a smaller ship or shorter trip. 

I do see that Indy  changes roles later this year  then mysteriously disappears  early next year as far as bookings. Seeing all kinds of juggling of schedules, itineraries , home ports and big voids in future choices. But maybe those voids will become viable choices?  Suggestions? 

Do you use a travel agent?  My agent has accomplished shifts outside of the official Lift and Shift program.  

Quantum 7 nights Alaska May 2021 to Jewel 12 night Norway in July 2022. Interior to balcony.

Odyssey 9 nights Southern Carib November 2021 to Jewel 12 nights Iceland/Ireland in August 2022. Balcony to balcony.

Harmony November 2021 7 nights to Serenade 7 nights Alaska in May 2022.  Balcony to interior.

And so on.  

It seems like Royal is just happy to keep my deposit and booking number instead of more FCC and cancellations.

Find something you want and ask.  It never hurts to ask.  Not sure how my agent is getting it done, but clearly there are ways to get things done beyond the official sanctioned programs.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Do you use a travel agent?  My agent has accomplished shifts outside of the official Lift and Shift program.  

Quantum 7 nights Alaska May 2021 to Jewel 12 night Norway in July 2022. Interior to balcony.

Odyssey 9 nights Southern Carib November 2021 to Jewel 12 nights Iceland/Ireland in August 2022. Balcony to balcony.

Harmony November 2021 7 nights to Serenade 7 nights Alaska in May 2022.  Balcony to interior.

And so on.  

It seems like Royal is just happy to keep my deposit and booking number instead of more FCC and cancellations.

Find something you want and ask.  It never hurts to ask.  Not sure how my agent is getting it done, but clearly there are ways to get things done beyond the official sanctioned programs.

I was pleasantly surprised before so I guess you're right. Hit a home run on another one I did...  Can't hurt to ask...  I would cry if I lost the "deal" I got on this one... 

14 hours ago, deep1 said:

No Agent though... I had to do it on bended knee begging and using my impossibly average looks... 

I'm seeing no 5 nights in the time frame so shoot for 6? 

Shoot for the moon.  Go for what you want.  Worst case scenario is they say no and you call back later and try with a different agent.