BOSS Underwater Adventure in St Thomas?

Pooch

I haven't, but I have always secretly kinda wanted to do it.  Since I'm a certified SCUBA diver I should wince at the thought but I think it looks kinda fun.  Dan says "no way".  I realize you are limited in how far you can wander since you are tethered to the air supply....but it still looks fun to me.  Kinda like an underwater scooter.  LOL

I am somewhat claustrophobic.  Like all phobias, mine is unreasonable.  I almost clawed my wrist bloody because my watch clasp got caught in the safety chain, stuck zippers can cause me to flip out and I may or may not have ripped a jacket to get it off.    But the helmets look like there’s quite a bit of room in them as opposed to a full face bike helmet (you don’t want to know). For those who have done this, will I freak??

5 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I haven't, but I have always secretly kinda wanted to do it.  Since I'm a certified SCUBA diver I should wince at the thought but I think it looks kinda fun.  Dan says "no way".  I realize you are limited in how far you can wander since you are tethered to the air supply....but it still looks fun to me.  Kinda like an underwater scooter.  LOL

We've done it , but if you're a certified SCUBA diver you'll probably be underwhelmed.     I did it because it looks like an underwater motorcycle (and I ride anything with 2 wheels and a motor).  You ride a small circuit course and they set the depth of the "bike" so you just follow the other riders.  If you had 3-D control, it would be more satisfying, but you're accommodating a while degree of experience.  Some folks get claustrophobic during the experience and bail.   But you could do it just to get the T-shirt.

21 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Well, I’m over 65 now so I don’t think I will be allowed to SCUBA on any RCCL diver excursions.  That’s ok though....I came to the conclusion a few years back (a lot of years back) that diving is just too much work.  So the little underwater scooters look like fun to me !

Then they are fun and you can get some pretty unique pics.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

My husband and I experienced the Boss Underwater Scooter tour and it was absolutely amazing! I am not a swimmer and it was a bit intimidating at first but Captain Jim made both us feel very comfortable.  We didn't snorkel while the others did.  We stayed behind and Captain Jim gave us a cup full of fish food to feed the fish and watch them swarm as we did.  He also pointed out different species as well as they swam up near the boat.  When it was time to get onto the scooter, Jim hooked mine up to a reel and pulled it up above water so that I was able to get into the helmet without having to go under water.  He was so kind and courteous!  I loved every minute and highly recommend this adventure. You won't regNo photo description available.ret it!

-Kimberly Daniel