Looks like Allure of Seas will be refurbished in 2022

xps15z

Royal released their schedule for 2022, and most of the dates seem to have Allure docked internationally. So I am guessing they will be doing the refurbishments then? Which is unfortunate for me as I was desperately waiting to sail a refurbished ship with Oasis of Seas no longer porting from Florida. Leaves me with Harmony since I already did Symphony.

1 hour ago, lousy censor said:

farewell dinner in  Brazilian churrascaria Samba Grill. 

I realize that the upgrade did not happen, but what was/is scheduled to replace the Samba Grill ?  When the Allure was brand new the Samba Grill was pretty fun.  They had the place all dressed up with table cloths and they had live entertainment.  When we went back a few years later, it was pathetic.  The food was ok but it was dreary and none of the fun entertainment or dressed-up tables.  We never went back.  Just interested to see what was going to (or will, eventually) replace it.  Hooked would be awesome !

BBQ in the Solarium would be interesting. Create a combination suntan lotion/brisket aroma. 

I liked Samba, but I never saw too many people eating in there and given the format, you probably end up with a lot of cooked, uneaten food. 

9 minutes ago, twangster said:

Go figure... a new pay venue instead of Solarium Bistro like her sisters.  

I guess the name Portside BBQ is out.  Perhaps Front Side BBQ?  Forward BBQ?  Solarium BBQ?  

I am not a huge fan of the Oasis Portside BBQ.  It was ok but I would certainly have rather had Hooked.  Sorry, I know you are not a fan of seafood.

8 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I am not a huge fan of the Oasis Portside BBQ.  It was ok but I would certainly have rather had Hooked.  Sorry, I know you are not a fan of seafood.

Perhaps Hooked somewhere else?  Maybe they could add a Hooked where Portside BBQ is on Oasis.  Or maybe the Captain got it wrong.  Wouldn't be the first time.  

There is not a gap in itinerary schedule for Allure through November 2022. If a refurbishment is to be done it will be after Mediterranean sailings in 2022 unless some released sailings are cancelled. Allure underwent the mandatory technical dry dock early this year (Spring 2020) so nothing additional is required. Some websites do show Allure deck plans reflected the refurbishment which unfortunately didn’t happen.

• SpeedNoodles changed the title to Looks like Allure of Seas will be refurbished in 2022