Suspected Covid-19 case on Quantum

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

That's great news!! But one concern needs to be addressed and that is if this becomes the norm with many "false positives" how does RCG intend on handling this? Many cruisers will be upset and pissed and will demand refunds to some extent. RCG needs to find another testing method or else it's going to hit them where it hurts.

2 hours ago, princevaliantus said:

But one concern needs to be addressed and that is if this becomes the norm with many "false positives" how does RCG intend on handling this? Many cruisers will be upset and pissed and will demand refunds to some exte

I think (hope) in Singapore this will be less of a normal occurrence. However, I hard heard (although not confirmed) the mandatory end of cruise over 1 positive case is a rule Singapore has.

I said this in my YouTube video today but I do agree 1 case cannot be automatic end of cruise. There needs to be some level of triage.

But of course, if the cruise doesn't end, the narrative the media will spin is "Cruise ship continues to sail even though covid onboard"

25 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think (hope) in Singapore this will be less of a normal occurrence. However, I hard heard (although not confirmed) the mandatory end of cruise over 1 positive case is a rule Singapore has.

I said this in my YouTube video today but I do agree 1 case cannot be automatic end of cruise. There needs to be some level of triage.

But of course, if the cruise doesn't end, the narrative the media will spin is "Cruise ship continues to sail even though covid onboard"

For a community with zero community spread the notion of a new community case has got to be something they want to avoid.  The rule to quickly and decisively deal with a positive (false or otherwise) is understandable but hopefully they'll review this to see if they can update policy.