Dinning in ports

Annie kaley

Welcome to the forums. Like many things this is completely uncertain. I'd wager if you're on one of the first sailings and there isn't a vaccine and that vaccine isn't widely distributed - cruise excursions only.

From the Healthy Sail Panel Recommendation:

Recommendation 57: In the startup phase, cruise itineraries should be as simple as possible, utilizing private, cruise line-owned and operated destinations or ports where there can be tight control of the onshore experience.

However, I'm sure there will be constant change to the recommendations over the next year or two.

19 hours ago, Annie kaley said:

We are on one of the first cruises. Keeping our fingers crossed March 7 2021, on the Allure.

Given that yours will be one of the first, I would not especially count on being able to do anything that isn't ship-hosted and run. As @sk8erguy1978 said, there is so much up in the air right now that nothing is certain. But the closer in to start time, vaccine or no, the more tightly the full set of Healthy Sail Panel protocols will be followed.

There are already documented stories of MSC and I think TUI or Aida kicking passengers off of their cruise when they decided to leave their excursion group and wander around on their own, so there is precedent. I would advise a ton of caution and preparedness; see if there is any kind of shopping or "lunch and shopping" type excursion being offered, and sign up with that to be certain of getting off the ship. Then, if protocols change or become less-restrictive closer to your sailing, you can always cancel the excursion and get a refund.

And best of luck that your sailing actually does go out.