Price drops

If the drop comes before final payment your travel agent or RCCL can take care of this quite easily.  If it's after final payment date it can be a bit more hit or miss, but is a great case where having a TA on your side can help a lot.

Yes and don"t wait till final payment to recheck the prices.   Check them periodically as you can make as many adjustments as you want.  You will be surprised as to how much you might end up saving.

That's true.  Checking often is a good strategy.

Price drops are like excess inventory at a grocery store.    Too much...put it on sale.   Unfortunately, my category is always sold out so there never is a price drop.   Just checked 02/18 booking and all the cabins are sold....so there will be no reason to ever check on that again for a drop in price!  

Not sure what kind of cabin you refer to, but I have found bookings that showed "SOLD OUT" way in advance and inventory magically appears month to month leading up to and after final payment.

Case in point; when we booked our upcoming Serenade cruise a year ago, only balconies available were 2 E Class on deck 7. All others sold out, we took one. The whole cruise showed "SOLD OUT" for weeks at a time. As the time went by we noticed cabins coming available(lots of them, all classes). They are on the GGG sale right now. 

Above post by Matt is good advise. Check back on a regular basis.

Not sure what kind of cabin you refer to, but I have found bookings that showed "SOLD OUT" way in advance and inventory magically appears month to month leading up to and after final payment.

Case in point; when we booked our upcoming Serenade cruise a year ago, only balconies available were 2 E Class on deck 7. All others sold out, we took one. The whole cruise showed "SOLD OUT" for weeks at a time. As the time went by we noticed cabins coming available(lots of them, all classes). They are on the GGG sale right now. 

Above post by Matt is good advise. Check back on a regular basis.

Exactly, I noticed last week that my Grandeur cruise coming up in September had all the Suies marked as SOLD OUT...... then, poof, suddenly this morning, I get an alert that they are available (how many?  Who Knows)

Living in the UK we do not have these options.  You pay the price at the time you book and that's it - if the price decreases you cannot ask to pay less & if you cancel you lose your deposit :-(

Yes Sarah - It is really disappointing to me, being American and used to a bit of customer care, to be living in the UK and being told "we don't do that" or "that doesn't apply to the UK".  I spent 20 years in the US Navy and can't even get a military discount because my TA is in the UK.