Oasis Music Hall Noise Bleed?

Ian T

We are currently booked on a Feb 22 Oasis sailing (ocean view balcony, Deck 10). We are looking to turn it into a B2B; however in order to keep the same cabin for both sailings we would need to change decks to Deck 9.

We have no issue with this in general; however the available cabins are in fairly close proximity to the Music Hall and we are worried about noise bleed. Admittedly an ocean view cabin will of course be on the outside of the ship and Music Hall is in the centre but I wonder whether anyone has first hand experience as to whether or not our concerns have any foundation?

Many thanks

12 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Many thanks, that's super helpful. Just in case the situation on Deck 9 is similar to the one you have described on Deck 8, we have decided to stick with deck 10 and take the cabin next door for the second sailing... hopefully with the help of our cabin attendant we may be able to avoid hauling the luggage off and back on again on turnaround day.

1 hour ago, Ian T said:

Many thanks, that's super helpful. Just in case the situation on Deck 9 is similar to the one you have described on Deck 8, we have decided to stick with deck 10 and take the cabin next door for the second sailing... hopefully with the help of our cabin attendant we may be able to avoid hauling the luggage off and back on again on turnaround day.

You didn't mention what year you were sailing, but if things are "normal" by then, you would definitely not need to haul your luggage off and on for a consecutive cruise.  If COVID procedures are still in effect, who knows.  Maybe they would prefer the cabin attendants not to touch passenger luggage, maybe they would still do this service.  We won't know for sure until someone has the opportunity.

3 hours ago, Atlantix2000 said:

You didn't mention what year you were sailing, but if things are "normal" by then, you would definitely not need to haul your luggage off and on for a consecutive cruise.  If COVID procedures are still in effect, who knows.  Maybe they would prefer the cabin attendants not to touch passenger luggage, maybe they would still do this service.  We won't know for sure until someone has the opportunity.

As per my original post - Feb 22 on Oasis. First leg Eastern Caribbean; second leg Western Caribbean and CocoCay (we are gonna make the most of the trip across the pond once we are are allowed to travel again!) ?

I fully appreciate that COVID could still be a factor and nothing is guaranteed. If this is the case then we will just need to flex accordingly, but being in the glass half full camp I am hoping that by then the news on the vast majority of the current COVID procedures will be yesterday's chip paper as we say here. ?

1 hour ago, Ian T said:

As per my original post - Feb 22 on Oasis. First leg Eastern Caribbean; second leg Western Caribbean and CocoCay (we are gonna make the most of the trip across the pond once we are are allowed to travel again!) ?

I fully appreciate that COVID could still be a factor and nothing is guaranteed. If this is the case then we will just need to flex accordingly, but being in the glass half full camp I am hoping that by then the news on the vast majority of the current COVID procedures will be yesterday's chip paper as we say here. ?

If you mean Feb 22, 2021, I guess I have to bring your attention to the following article: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2020/12/02/royal-caribbean-cancels-cruises-through-february-2021-while-preparing-restart

And the discussion here: 

10 hours ago, Atlantix2000 said:

If you mean Feb 22, 2021, I guess I have to bring your attention to the following article: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2020/12/02/royal-caribbean-cancels-cruises-through-february-2021-while-preparing-restart

And the discussion here: 

Definitely Feb 2022 (sorry, I realise now how I should have been clearer - in the UK we typically refer to dates as day/month/year). Thanks for looking out though.

17 hours ago, Ian T said:

Definitely Feb 2022 (sorry, I realise now how I should have been clearer - in the UK we typically refer to dates as day/month/year). Thanks for looking out though.

Wow, I actually know about the difference in date formats but just couldn't see it this time!  This will be much easier a decade from now.  No one should have any trouble understanding Feb 32!