Sushi and Sake lunch - Quantum of the Seas

June May

So, I've got a cruise booked for March 2022. Out of the brand spanking new cruise port in my home town of Brisbane, Australia - yay! No flight or hotel expenses!

And I lucked out big time in the Black Friday sales and scored excellent prices for the deluxe beverage package and Voom - I was a little surprised they were for sale so far out (I mean, it's 477 days today).

But I still peruse the Cruise Planner regularly, mostly waiting for shore excursions to come up - I'm cruising back to the South Pacific, and it might be nice to get some more of the local history and culture.

When I spotted the Sushi and Sake lunch.  Never seen it before. Menu looks fascinating, and as someone who has never even tried Sake before, I'm keen to do so this way.

Has anyone seen this/done this on other ships with an Izumi onboard?  Just curious what it's like!

sushi and sake lunch.png

My family and I loved Izumi Hibachi and the sushi roll class. Now we enjoy sushi, so take that as a starting point. I do find sake interesting but don't love it. Depending on a few factors I'd try this. 

1) I did NOT have the drink package. You can go to Izumi and try these drinks anytime it is open. 

2) I didn't plan to go to the Hibachi. 

3) The menu above contains foods I'd enjoy and don't have allergies to. 

4) I didn't have specialty dinning planned that evening. That is a ton of food and you will be stuffed.

Going into Izumi and buying a piece of sushi or two that you want is a great cost saving option. It is tough for me to buy anything outside of the prepaid food but Izumi is worth it.