What’s the strangest thing you have seen on a cruise ship?

Matt

Out of control kid was in the habit of punching strangers as he ran around the elevator lobby.  Granted they were small kid punches but still.  Staff Captain turns the corner and kid gives him his junior wallop.   Staff Captain begins to instruct the child that is not permitted at which point his Jersey father decides no one can tell his kid what he can and can not do.  Staff Captain schools daddy about ship rules.  Gangster dad escalates and eventually ramps it up by telling the Staff Captain he knows where he lives and he'll be coming for his family.  

Entire family put off at next port to fly home on their own dime.  

The Sopranos was so yesterday, except on this day, or in this dad's mind.  

On 12/9/2020 at 4:37 PM, twangster said:

A passenger had a service dog with her.  Rumors were it could detect an oncoming medical condition and was trained to react.

The thing is she let the dog up on the loungers and walked it off leash.  It was often 30' or 50' ahead of her.  

Very strange to see a dog walking around a ship by itself. 

ov-servicedog-2.jpg

Friends: "PhantomWolf what did you do on your cruise?"

Me: "I made friends with a dog and we hung out on the deck the entire time."

Sorry to say but the strangest thing we've seen is one of them things we will never be able to forget.

On the Oasis of the Seas in the Solarium pool.  An intoxicated elderly gentlemen was...Less just say...He was enjoying the water pressure jets on the center fountain way to much and didn't care what the other guests thought.   A pool attendant was called and arrived just as the gentleman was...Done.  Pool was closed, drained and cleaned.

9 minutes ago, Psycho and Barb said:

Sorry to say but the strangest thing we've seen is one of them things we will never be able to forget.

On the Oasis of the Seas in the Solarium pool.  An intoxicated elderly gentlemen was...Less just say...He was enjoying the water pressure jets on the center fountain way to much and didn't care what the other guests thought.   A pool attendant was called and arrived just as the gentleman was...Done.  Pool was closed, drained and cleaned.

?

• 1 year later...
On 12/12/2020 at 9:39 PM, tonyfsu21 said:

Chefs table royal rumble. An entire family had too many wines & decided to start fighting each other. Punches were thrown & security broke it up & sent them packing. The Chef felt so bad for the remaining few people that he sent servers to give us 3 free rounds of drinks. This was an epic chefs table experience. 

We still talk about this night at the chefs table whenever I see my BIL. I remember this like it was yesterday. Literally a fist fight between an entire big family to the point where the security could barely pull them apart. There was clearly tension since the second we sat down between the mother & son due to his new GF that was at the table. Words started to fly after the booze was flowing and Dad punched the son (I can’t recall what either son or GF said to mom which infuriated dad). I wonder if that entire family was put in the brig & kicked off the ship? You see the craziest things at the chefs table and it’s certainly worth the cover charge! 

8 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

We still talk about this night at the chefs table whenever I see my BIL. I remember this like it was yesterday. Literally a fist fight between an entire big family to the point where the security could barely pull them apart. There was clearly tension since the second we sat down between the mother & son due to his new GF that was at the table. Words started to fly after the booze was flowing and Dad punched the son (I can’t recall what either son or GF said to mom which infuriated dad). I wonder if that entire family was put in the brig & kicked off the ship? You see the craziest things at the chefs table and it’s certainly worth the cover charge! 

They were flown directly to the Jerry Springer show 😂

#1-we were in Belize City having a drink at the bar right outside of the dock when a man on a stretcher was rushed past us by 4 Royal Employees wearing hazmat suits.  We asked that night if anyone heard anything about the man or his condition.  Nobody knew.   This happened during the last week of February 2020..........

#2-our very first cruise was on NCL, on our 2 day voyage back from Bermuda, the ship engines were cut off in the middle of the ocean for nearly  3 hours.  We watched two divers go overboard and under the ship.  It was very quiet, and somewhat eerie.

15 hours ago, Va4fam said:

#1-we were in Belize City having a drink at the bar right outside of the dock when a man on a stretcher was rushed past us by 4 Royal Employees wearing hazmat suits.  We asked that night if anyone heard anything about the man or his condition.  Nobody knew.   This happened during the last week of February 2020..........

#2-our very first cruise was on NCL, on our 2 day voyage back from Bermuda, the ship engines were cut off in the middle of the ocean for nearly  3 hours.  We watched two divers go overboard and under the ship.  It was very quiet, and somewhat eerie.

If they were in Hazmat suits, sounds like Covid to me .... the timing would've been right when things were ramping up.