Anyone Have Luck Applying a FCC to a cruise with KSF?

We have a few FCCs for our family of 4.  We have another cruise booked end of August where my DD got KSF.  I know they won't let us apply our DD's FCC to her fare, but has anyone had luck applying her credit to one of our fares?  Or will they not let us since the 3 of us would have already applied a FCC to that cruise?  It seems like they should since it is DH and I paying as opposed to DD...but...knowing Royal...

Anyone have luck with this?

We have 3 FCCs and 2 cruise next year so it's not like we have option to use her credit on another cruise.

(Note that I realize that the cruise may not even go, but at least it will be re-issued a year out from cancellation).

I believe I have read that FCC's for minor children can be transferred to their parents. This section is also in the FAQ area, and seems like it would apply in your situation.

Can I use part of someone else’s Future Cruise Credit to cover my own cruise fare?

A

Future Cruise Credits in most cases are nontransferable. This means that you cannot use someone else’s credit for your own cruise fare nor vice versa. Any remaining balance on your credit will automatically be created into a new certificate after you’ve completed your sailing.

However, if you still have a Cruise with Confidence or Global Suspension Future Cruise Certificate, any remaining balances from one person’s credit can be used to cover another passenger if they were originally booked with you. For example:

Original Booking:

Susan Smith received a $1500 FCC

Jason Smith received a $500 FCC

New Booking – Credit CAN be used for another passenger:

Susan Smith’s Cruise Fare is $1000

Jason Smith’s Cruise Fare is $1000

Susan can use the rest of her FCC for Jason because he was a passenger on the original booking.

In writing, it always says non-transferable and only one FCC can be applied per person, per sailing. However, I honestly think that the more time that goes on, the more flexibility and grey areas there are to using the FCCs. A lot of it is going to come down to YMMV, who you speak with, what day you call, and even what time of the day you call. Best bet is to try and get them to transfer it, and if that doesn’t work try again another time with another agent. You never know.