FCC limitation

calvink669

This may be common knowledge, but i just found this out.  For those of us that have now had multiple cruises canceled, just FYI you can only apply one future cruise credit per person per sailing.

I had a cruise in June on liberty canceled and now just a star class sailing on Allure in December.

I was trying to apply another credit to star class on symphony in June of 2021 that I already applied last June’s FCC (it was much cheaper sailing on liberty so didn’t cover much) but I got this lovely message in email this morning.

We’re sorry. Only 1 Future Cruise Credit can be used per guest

Anyone else run into this?

6 minutes ago, calvink669 said:

Ah, that makes more sense.  Seems silly during  COVID times though.  First world problems I know lol.

I agree.  I have lost several SC sailings myself and am trying to find a way to use them up.  Time will tell.  I am thinking that they have to do something at some point with the FCC expiration or the ability to stack them.  They have now extended into 2021 so time will tell.  

But remember that "per guest" part. If you have children or grandchildren and are willing to treasure them along you can potentially increase the number of credits used and if the kids sail free is still on the only thing you will have to cover is port taxes and fees. And let's hypothetically say you are intending to take a child and at the last minute they are sick? Will the credit be removed? Always something to ask. 

16 hours ago, MuttMutt said:

But remember that "per guest" part. If you have children or grandchildren and are willing to treasure them along you can potentially increase the number of credits used and if the kids sail free is still on the only thing you will have to cover is port taxes and fees. And let's hypothetically say you are intending to take a child and at the last minute they are sick? Will the credit be removed? Always something to ask. 

Generally a FCC has a specific passenger name associated with it, and they historically they haven't been transferrable.  They may be making some limited exceptions now, but I don't think any would apply in this scenario.