Europe 2022 Is Out!

bigpete

...and it is a very nice offering of sailings!

If there is one thing I noticed, their pricing seems to reflect people's feelings on longer cruises in the post-covid world. 

7nt Baltic vs. 10nt Baltic vs. 11nt Baltic are only different by a couple of $!

What does everyone else think of them?

Only Anthem in the UK again? 3rd time in a row so can safely say no more Indy and I guess we're never getting anything good again. I'd be fine with AN being there if we had a 2nd ship but we don't so yet another year of no Southampton.

Thankfully some other good itineraries over here - Voyager, Allure & Odyssey all look tempting. Always wanted to go back to Northern Europe and some great itineraries on VY, a ship I've never been on before. AL from BCN is always a good option. And of course, maybe we can finally return to the States in 2022.

2 hours ago, bigpete said:

Wow 5?! Which ones!!

Anthem to the Fjords, couldn't decide on cabins so grabbed several choices.

Brilliance 08/14/2022 Greek Isles, again cabin undecided so grabbed two options.

Anthem 14 night Med "Beaches" two cabin options again.

Not done yet.  Have not even had a chance to look closely and analyze.  Might not be done yet lol.  

55 minutes ago, Traveler said:

Interesting - Anthem of the seas going for a the Fjords again  but that time its going to include  Geiringer which until now only small ships were going into.

Well if this year RCB cruise will be candled for some reason I think its a good option ?   

That is my thinking as well...which one out of the two caught your eye?

6 minutes ago, Traveler said:

I think the one that has the Geiringer fjords as this  consider to be one of the most picturesque fjords which ships getting into .

Good to know!  Thank you.  I always value your opinion especially when it comes to Europe itineraries.  If you see any other Europe ones (from July - August 2022) that catch your eye let me know.  I am still pretty undecided at the moment.

23 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Good to know!  Thank you.  I always value your opinion especially when it comes to Europe itineraries.  If you see any other Europe ones (from July - August 2022) that catch your eye let me know.  I am still pretty undecided at the moment.

For July - Aug you also have the Scandinavian  and Russia cruise - ST Pittsburg is  a very nice city we enjoyed our  visit there and I want to visit it again,  , but remember if you are not getting an organized excursion  you will need a Visa to enter by yourself (for US passport not sure about Canadian) .The nice thing it is with the VOTC and not a small ship as it used to be.

The second thing is the Greek Island from Rome with Odyssey OTS , but than make sure to have or the key , or suite or even better to get any tour from the ship were you are tendering as I guess queues will be quite long for such big ship. the nice about this itineraries is that you can visit Rome first for few days (or after). There always the regular Oasis class route (with Allure this time) From Barcelona .

11 minutes ago, Dad2Cue said:

I don't see a trans Atlantic cruise on Anthem going to the UK on 2022. 

Last I knew, Anthem was still somewhere near Southampton.  I doubt the trans Atlantic in April 2021 on Anthem will happen..  I would like to lift and shift it to 2022.  What now??

At the moment, I don’t think you can L&S past April 2022.

I found the Mediterranean options they gave to be very disappointing compared to options from Princess and (for 2021) Celebrity / HAL / other more-European lines. I really hope that those other lines release theirs tomorrow / Real Soon Now. If 2021 pricing is any indicator, X will be very competitive with Princess' "Princess Plus" pricing on equivalent cabin categories and their "Always Included" option. And I'd rather sail X than Princess, even if it means a slightly shorter 11- or 12-night cruise (same number of ports, just fewer sea days) or doing a S2S. I'm one short sailing on Royal away from Select status match on X; kind of hoping I'll be able to do a semi-last-minute Bermuda sailing late next year, if NJ's expected vaccination coverage goes according to plan.

1 hour ago, Dad2Cue said:

I don't see a trans Atlantic cruise on Anthem going to the UK on 2022. 

Last I knew, Anthem was still somewhere near Southampton.  I doubt the trans Atlantic in April 2021 on Anthem will happen..  I would like to lift and shift it to 2022.  What now??

It must be coming but if you look at Anthem's itineraries in April 2022 you will see her last sailing is a 7-night Bahamas from Cape Liberty on the 24th, then nothing until she reappears for her first sailing out of Southampton on the 13th of May, hence the TA must be a 12-night, similar to the one that's probably not happening in 2021 but will be departing on 1st of May 2022. You might need to do some pleading or have a very persuasive travel agent if you're going to be able to L&S since the cut-off date is 30th April.

14 NIGHT British Transatlantic Cruise

LEAVING FROM:Miami, Florida, onboard Jewel of the Seas

VISITING:Miami, Florida | Cruising | Madeira (Funchal), Portugal | Cruising | Vigo, Spain | Cruising | Bruges/Zeebrugge (Brussels), Belgium | Amsterdam, Netherlands

When does this cruise go to Britain ???

6 minutes ago, Dad2Cue said:

VISITING:Miami, Florida | Cruising | Madeira (Funchal), Portugal | Cruising | Vigo, Spain | Cruising | Bruges/Zeebrugge (Brussels), Belgium | Amsterdam, Netherlands

That's what I was thinking!

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

I found the Mediterranean options they gave to be very disappointing compared to options from Princess and (for 2021) Celebrity / HAL / other more-European lines. I really hope that those other lines release theirs tomorrow / Real Soon Now. If 2021 pricing is any indicator, X will be very competitive with Princess' "Princess Plus" pricing on equivalent cabin categories and their "Always Included" option. And I'd rather sail X than Princess, even if it means a slightly shorter 11- or 12-night cruise (same number of ports, just fewer sea days) or doing a S2S. I'm one short sailing on Royal away from Select status match on X; kind of hoping I'll be able to do a semi-last-minute Bermuda sailing late next year, if NJ's expected vaccination coverage goes according to plan.

Same, with the exception of the 8nt Vision of the Seas cruises. Not many ships go straight to Portofino, or to Palermo, or to Sardinia/Corsica.

6 minutes ago, Dad2Cue said:

Haha, it totally doesn't. I've literally just been posting the exact same thing over on CC. You beat me to it here. ?

5 minutes ago, bigpete said:

Same, with the exception of the 8nt Vision of the Seas cruises. Not many ships go straight to Portofino, or to Palermo, or to Sardinia/Corsica.

I wasn’t even looking at Vision. She may be listed now, but if Royal has to get rid of some ships she (and likely Grandeur) will be top of the list for the next scrapyard sale. I have zero faith that 2022 sailings on her will actually happen.

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

I wasn’t even looking at Vision. She may be listed now, but if Royal has to get rid of some ships she (and likely Grandeur) will be top of the list for the next scrapyard sale. I have zero faith that 2022 sailings on her will actually happen.

Interesting you say that. I love the 10nt Copenhagen r/t Baltic Cruise on June 5th. the two 11nt voyages are okay, but I don't understand the two days at sea from Riga to Stockholm on one itinerary, where on another itinerary, they do it with no days at sea!

On the deployment flyer, it is listed as finishing in Copenhagen, but on the website it shows Stockholm. I'm confused lol.

Edited by bigpete
added info.