Did the cancellation policy change?

xps15z

When it opens I want to book Allure of Seas for May/June of 2022. I believe Royal updated their cancellation policy? If you select the protection to get a refund if you cancel how late can you do it? I thought I read you can now cancel a few days before you sail when before it was like 2-3 months prior and you'll get 100% money back?

Can someone please explain the cancellation policy for if you choose the refund option or the nonrefundable option? Is it really a 100% refund or will Royal keep a little bit of the money?

I am asking because if Allure is not renovated by May 2022 (which I would know when 2022 starts) then I would switch ships to sail the Symphony again (or Odyssey of the Seas if no other group joins us).

I'm actually thinking of booking two ships when they release the full schedule for 2022 just to have a backup in case renovations are not done.

I called royal to cancel my Harmony cruise that was supposed to sail in April 2020 & I requested FCC and I got ?% of the cruise fare that I paid which was $2,005 & the amount of the FCC is $1756 & the rest was taxes & port fees which was refunded back to my ?
It was about 2-3 months before I was issued the FCC and the port fees & taxes was refunded to my ?.

you can cancel the cruise up till 48hours before the cruise. If there is some other travel restrictions that don’t allow cruising then let royal cancel the cruise for you and then they will give you a 125% of the cruise fare as an FCC vs if you cancel and request an FCC then it will only be ?% of the cruise fare & the taxes & port fees will be refunded back to the original form of payment:

8 hours ago, xps15z said:

I thought I read you can now cancel a few days before you sail when before it was like 2-3 months prior and you'll get 100% money back?

You can cancel up to 48 hours before your cruise with no penalty under the Cruise with Confidence program, but that gets you a 100% future cruise credit.

To get a refund you still have to cancel before final payment date (or if Royal Caribbean cancels the cruise instead of you).

3 hours ago, Matt said:

You can cancel up to 48 hours before your cruise with no penalty under the Cruise with Confidence program, but that gets you a 100% future cruise credit.

To get a refund you still have to cancel before final payment date (or if Royal Caribbean cancels the cruise instead of you).

Prior to final payment, you have to choose the refundable option correct which is like an extra $100-200 per guest in booking cost but you get 100% refund? If you choose the non-refundable option and cancel prior to final payment you lose $100 per person right?

13 minutes ago, xps15z said:

Prior to final payment, you have to choose the refundable option correct which is like an extra $100-200 per guest in booking cost but you get 100% refund? If you choose the non-refundable option and cancel prior to final payment you lose $100 per person right?

Yes.  If you choose non-refundable, you lose $100pp and the remainder comes back as an FCC.  This is the regular policy, not CWC.  With CWC, you get your entire non-refundable deposit back as FCC.  But there is not telling how long CWC will last for.