Airline tickets for our July Cruise

OutToSea

So I was looking at the flight I have purchased for after  our July cruise its on a Saturday at noon from Miami. It turns out we have the only 5 seats purchased for the flight. the rest of the plane is open. this flight is usually very full past makes me wonder what others know that I do not.

We are sort of in the same boat for our 18 Apr 2021 cruise out of Puerto Rico on Freedom of the Seas.  We have seen some great deals on airfare but we are very hesitant to buy not knowing if that cruise will sail or not.  We lost quite a bit on two tickets to California for my Mom's 80th Birthday.  That was just as the Covid was kicking off and all Delta would give us was one year extension and no change fee. 

I had purchased tickets to FLL on Jet Blue and was able to get all my money back (Lucky!) My return trip from FLL to Washington DC was on Southwest. Not so lucky there. They gave me a credit (voucher) that I have one year to use. I don't think I will be able to use it by then, therefore that money is lost. I usually on fly Delta as I am a Platinum member but for some reason, the flights from DC to Fla are always WAY more expensive from them vs other carriers.

Are you basing it off of the seating chart? If so, note that this is NOT an accurate representation of how many tickets are actually purchased. 

That being said, July is ages out at this time. Wouldn't surprise me if barely anyone is booked. My wife and I are very, very avid vacationers and I wouldn't touch July with a ten foot pole at this point (granted, our trips are usually fairly last minute anyways, but even when they're not...too many unknowns for a lot of people). I wouldn't say anyone knows more or less than you, just that they're being more cautious than you. 

8 hours ago, CJS2766 said:

I had purchased tickets to FLL on Jet Blue and was able to get all my money back (Lucky!) My return trip from FLL to Washington DC was on Southwest. Not so lucky there. They gave me a credit (voucher) that I have one year to use. I don't think I will be able to use it by then, therefore that money is lost. I usually on fly Delta as I am a Platinum member but for some reason, the flights from DC to Fla are always WAY more expensive from them vs other carriers.

Check your Southwest account - we had our May flights cancelled and our credits now say they expire 9/7/22.  They extended them twice, and we've done nothing to request that. 

7 hours ago, KathyC said:

Check your Southwest account - we had our May flights cancelled and our credits now say they expire 9/7/22.  They extended them twice, and we've done nothing to request that. 

Just checked and mine expire 07/21/21. I won't be able to use it by ten as my cruise is in Oct. ?

On 12/2/2020 at 12:48 PM, Psycho and Barb said:

We are sort of in the same boat for our 18 Apr 2021 cruise out of Puerto Rico on Freedom of the Seas.  We have seen some great deals on airfare but we are very hesitant to buy not knowing if that cruise will sail or not.  We lost quite a bit on two tickets to California for my Mom's 80th Birthday.  That was just as the Covid was kicking off and all Delta would give us was one year extension and no change fee. 

We are booked on the same cruise and plan on waiting as long as possible even if it ends up costing a bit more money.  On top of that I've found the best pricing at the 80-90 day out mark so we have a little time.  Good Luck