When are we getting Information on cruises over 7days.

Welcome to the message boards.

The CDC threw a curveball at the cruise lines when it banned them from talking about cruises longer than 7 days .  To comply with the gag order they quickly stopped offering them while they explore what this means for the long term.

In some cases they can modify an 8 night and make it 7 nights but compensation may be in order.  For some cruises like Panama Canal or Transatlantics they simply can't comply.  So maybe they keep a ship in Europe but that has ramifications too.  A lot to work out.  

No one knows when they'll figure it out for each ship or announce it.

Difficult one I know. We are waiting to hear on our 8 day in Feb 2021... the good news is that it is to CocoCay so there is a chance RCL will simply cut it to 7 days; the not so good news however is we will be travelling from the UK so may not be allowed into the country to board anyway! ?

I know you are new to the message boards but don't know if you are also new to cruising - either way please accept my apologies if I am about to tell you something you already know... ?

If you are really concerned about missing out on an August cruise and finances allow, then an option is to book the August cruise on a refundable deposit basis. The gamble is whether the cost of the deposit outweighs any cost increases that may come along if you wait to book until you can use any FCC you receive from the 8 day sailing, as the deposit will be money out of your pocket that you won't be able to "cash in" by switching it for FCC; however it will give you piece of mind that the August sailing is in the bag (and I'm sure I speak for many when I say I am hoping against hope that this madness is on the wane by then!) If you do get to sail on the original cruise, albeit with some tweaks, you can always cancel the August cruise before the final payment date for a full deposit refund.

5 hours ago, Ian T said:

Difficult one I know. We are waiting to hear on our 8 day in Feb 2021... the good news is that it is to CocoCay so there is a chance RCL will simply cut it to 7 days; the not so good news however is we will be travelling from the UK so may not be allowed into the country to board anyway! ?

This is the reason i shifted from March 21 to March 22. 

So many things to take into consideration not just whether ship sails! 

Quarantine rules may still be in place

The timescale involved for getting covid tests and flying to San Juan.

If its 50% capacity it may be only North Americans plus numerous other things 

In the end it was easier just to lift and shift and look at booking a last minute cruise for 2021 once restrictions are lifted.

1 hour ago, Ray said:

This is the reason i shifted from March 21 to March 22. 

So many things to take into consideration not just whether ship sails! 

Quarantine rules may still be in place

The timescale involved for getting covid tests and flying to San Juan.

If its 50% capacity it may be only North Americans plus numerous other things 

In the end it was easier just to lift and shift and look at booking a last minute cruise for 2021 once restrictions are lifted.

With this morning's news about UK approval of the Pfizer vaccine, maybe... just maybe... ?