Good Luck Quantum Of The Seas

CHRIS WONG

Good luck to all my fellow crew members who are currently on Quantum Of The Seas.

Lets prove to the world that cruising can be done in a healthy and safe way!

Hopefully it won't be too much longer before I get asked to rejoin a cruise ship, and head back to work. I'm amazed at how much love for the cruising there still is, and it's people like you that will keep this industry alive!

10 hours ago, CHRIS WONG said:

Good luck to all my fellow crew members who are currently on Quantum Of The Seas.

Lets prove to the world that cruising can be done in a healthy and safe way!

Hopefully it won't be too much longer before I get asked to rejoin a cruise ship, and head back to work. I'm amazed at how much love for the cruising there still is, and it's people like you that will keep this industry alive!

Good luck and fingers crossed too! ?  Just hoping RCI don't cut back too much on the quality of the food! 

16 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I second that one! That might actually make it slightly tolerable. ?

I actually like the fact that crew members will handle doling out food at the buffets. It'll eliminate hundreds of folks touching the same serving utensils and keep people from actually using their hands to pick up bread, fruit, etc. and then put it back on the buffet. This alone may help eliminate the risk of norovirus & covid spread, let alone all of the other lovely germs that that one can acquire on any common carrier.

8 minutes ago, JimnKathy said:

I actually like the fact that crew members will handle doling out food at the buffets. It'll eliminate hundreds of folks touching the same serving utensils and keep people from actually using their hands to pick up bread, fruit, etc. and then put it back on the buffet. This alone may help eliminate the risk of norovirus & covid spread, let alone all of the other lovely germs that that one can acquire on any common carrier.

It's easier on the waistline as well.  ? 

22 minutes ago, JimnKathy said:

Just a quick aside: Singaporean locals don't actually do that (pick up food with our hands and putting it back on the buffet). That's disgusting. Granted, there may be (very few) black sheep in our midst but it's not common. ? But yes, I agree with you - being served on the buffet lines is more hygienic. 

On 12/5/2020 at 7:27 AM, ericfromripp said:

on a cruise from australia to the uk last year, i saw a woman take a spoon and scoop some soup right into her mouth in line at the windjammer. while still in shock , she then proceeded to double dip. this should be an arrestable offense.

I'm certain I would have made a backhanded under breath but loud enough for her to hear comment.

I am constantly scolding my wife for double dipping in sauce we are sharing... Heck, even if it's her own personal helping! Dip once, and only once.

1 hour ago, ericfromripp said:

my first instinct was to pull a Dexter.   lol      she was some type of asian and i acknowledged her bad behavior and she shrugged it off in some other language like it was my problem

Sounds like me... Example: I was in the supermarket a few days before Thanksgiving and apparently pudding isle was the hot spot. We kept having to move to the side so others could pass with cart (I didn't have a cart). One lady says, if we are going to do this we need to be going the same direction. I said, well there are arrows on the floor for a reason. (Both loud enough so the people going the wrong way could hear.)

For reference, in NY (at least Hudson Valley) most, if not all, supermarkets (and other stores) implemented one way isles.

My husband is retired Navy and we have been using the local base commissary for over  20 years. I recall that not long after the national lockdown started, I stood in line (socially distanced, of course) to get into the commissary. Back then, there were people actively checking ID cards, no guests were allowed, they allowed only so many people in the commissary at one time,  and they made sure that everyone wore a mask. The commissary and navy exchanges were the first two places (that I know of) that required masks, by the way. I felt that they were easily the best places to shop at during the crisis.   Nowadays, at the commissary (I go there about once a week) masks are still mandatory, although they no longer check for ID cards at the door. 

Unfortunately, the commissary sometimes doesn't have a product that I may need. That's where curbside delivery comes in, for the off-base grocery stores. H-E-B has a great online setup and curbside service if you live where they have stores (Texas.) 

Addendum: Back in the mid-1990's, our family was stationed in Japan. I worked as a library aide at the base library, and part of the job was to contact people who didn't return their library materials on time. We didn't have fines, and every patron received 3 weeks for their borrowed items. What we did for those late items, if they were not returned after 1 or 2 written notices,  was to call the servicemember's boss, and  then those items were returned, pronto! This would have never flown in a civilian setting, but, it worked very well, lol.