Odyssey float out..

Very cool.  Would be awesome to see sometime.  Then again I would love to go into the hall and be there during the building process as well.

The best thing I will get to see is the SV Seeker launch which should be sometime next year.  If you haven't heard of it this guy in Tulsa, OK is building a 74 ft long boat in his front yard.  Bolted the anodes on it myself last week.

At some point an Odyssey planning guide was added to the RCI charter website.  Per the various planning guides:

Quantum

Suites 125, Balcony 1,446, Ocean View 148, Interior 375.  Total Staterooms 2,094

Anthem/Ovation

Suites 129, Balcony 1,436, Ocean View 148, Interior 378.  Total Staterooms 2,091

Spectrum

Suites 142, Balcony 1,487, Ocean View 142, Interior 366.  Total Staterooms 2,137 

Odyssey

Suites 125, Balcony 1,482, Ocean View 132, Interior 366.  Total Staterooms 2,105 

Main Theater Capacity 

Quantum 1,299, Anthem/Ovation 1,394, Spectrum 1,350, Odyssey 1,350

Crew

Quantum 1,500, Anthem/Ovation 1,500, Spectrum 1,551, Odyssey 1,550

Guest Capacity

Quantum 4,180, Anthem/Ovation 4,180, Spectrum 4,246, Odyssey 4,198

Gross Tonnage

Quantum 168,666, Anthem/Ovation 168,666, Spectrum 169,379, Odyssey 169,000

31 minutes ago, Matt said:

I like the big lettering. Something new and different.

Change aint bad!

Change isnt always bad i guess but i think the new size of say symphony and Anthem are proportioned well.

The older ships tend to have a name on the bow but i think they are too small.

3 hours ago, Atlantix2000 said:

It's not the size that makes it look bad.  It's the bottom of the O and S appearing to get cut off when they overlap the darker color at the bottom.  It just looks like a giant mistake.

That's exactly what I thought. Glad I'm not the only one! 

Is it me or is the bottom of the hull where the ship name is light blue? Hard to tell if it is shadows on the hull but the rail just below the life boats looks white with everything below that looking light blue.

Curious people wishing to go on a cruise want to know ?

19 minutes ago, Koepper said:

Is it me or is the bottom of the hull where the ship name is light blue? Hard to tell if it is shadows on the hull but the rail just below the life boats looks white with everything below that looking light blue.

Curious people wishing to go on a cruise want to know ?

A light blue lower hull has been in use for many years.  The maintenance folks hate it because the blue fades and touch up painting is more challenging compared to white.  

In the words of an Anthem Captain in 2018  "They painted the hull blue to make the ship look more white".  It was a marketing decision.  

As ships have gone in for amplification or dry dock many are coming out with pale or baby blue lower hulls.  

57 minutes ago, twangster said:

A light blue lower hull has been in use for many years. .... As ships have gone in for amplification or dry dock many are coming out with pale or baby blue lower hulls.

I never noticed before. I guess I am just eager to get on the ship and not paying close attention. Both my wife and I thought the entire hull of the ships were white this whole time.

18 minutes ago, Koepper said:

I never noticed before. I guess I am just eager to get on the ship and not paying close attention. Both my wife and I thought the entire hull of the ships were white this whole time.

Older ships still are white. 

From certain angles or under the right lighting conditions sometimes the blue can be very obvious or less apparent.    Voyager recently received a blue hull paint job that seems to be very evident.  That's partially because the transition from white up high to blue on lower decks doesn't follow the natural lines of the ship.   

On Quantum class the transition occurs at a place so that the white and blue paint are not directly right next to each other.  The human brain perceives this differently compared to Voyager where there is a hard paint transition plain to see on the side of the ship.

4 hours ago, twangster said:

From certain angles or under the right lighting conditions sometimes the blue can be very obvious or less apparent.   

Exactly... I never knew Allure's hull was painted blue until I arrived at the port! ?

When you're up close it's obvious...

42ADDEC5-494C-45D1-9FDA-3354630BDDA8.thumb.jpeg.a1a5257b3e7aa35322ec239dcc60ca72.jpeg

As you mentioned, distance, brightness/color/angle of the light, and angle of view makes it harder to distinguish on Allure's hull painted with the lighter blue color...

FEBFF4A3-CB6D-496E-86B1-4F5FC4CAF27A.thumb.jpeg.da7381ae8523b7c8cf66db26325a05a8.jpeg

FD036CCA-F784-49FE-B13B-0A747FB00D86.thumb.jpeg.1ad16bd7c81d8fba7f762224a75e22d1.jpeg

6 hours ago, twangster said:

The maintenance folks hate it because the blue fades and touch up painting is more challenging compared to white.   

I noticed this on Ovation late last year... hull is starting to look very patchy with different shades of blue.