American Express Savings

Neesa

I was perusing my American Express Cash Back card; if you have this take a PEEK. I had an offer today for 150.00 returned if you spend $500.00 on Celebrity. I am waiting to sail Celebrity until I reach Diamond on RCCL but it can make the pain of the initial deposit a little less painful. Just in case someone is looking to place that celebrity deposit today, I wanted to share. Have a great weekend everyone

Maybe @JLMoran??

I have this offer but it looks like it is tightly controlled. New bookings through a Amex linked website off the Celebrity page. I am going to try to make a payment on a new booking but not made through that page. I don't think it'll work. Please, anyone let us know if it worked for you.

44 minutes ago, ericfromripp said:

hey hows it going?  i would be very curious how celebrity credit card would handle a dispute with celebrity cruise line..  dont get me wrong, i have the same card and also the royal one but i only use them for shipboard purchases and excursions.   the t&c's of these things are incredible.   i will say i never have tried to cheat anybody and the more than 10 disputes i have had with merchants through amex have all been resolved in my favor.  i specifically use this card for anything with any capacity for nonsense.   lol

In theory these branded credit cards are operated by real financial institutions so the logo on the card shouldn't impact the ability to file a valid dispute.  

23 minutes ago, ericfromripp said:

yes  it was a joke   the law states they have to be fair, whether they do or  don't is a matter of interpretation i suppose   i was just mentioning the fairness of amex.  they know hot to treat customers well.

Love Amex.  They are working with me on a significant sum for a SilverSea cancellation.  SilverSea acknowledges I am due a refund but want to take many months to provide it.  They sent an email to that effect.  I shared that with Amex who agreed to use the dispute process to get that charge off my account while SilverSea drags their feet providing it.  I was honest with Amex that SilverSea did agree to refund it and Amex agreed I should not have to wait months and months to get it then force Amex is cut me a check in 2021 once it does post.  Amex doesn't want to play this game anymore than I do.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2020 at 1:31 PM, Galveston Steve said:

I have the Celebrity offer on my account and am just about ready to put it to use.

Update: my wife has a card attached to my account, so I was able to add the AmEx offer to both cards.  I made a payment on each card through my travel agent (Foray Travel) for an upcoming cruise.  These were just additional payments on a cruise I already had booked, not a new booking.  I received the credit back from Celebrity on both cards within 2 days!