Do you eat more at thanksgiving dinner or more at a dinner on a Royal Caribbean Cruise

OutToSea

4 hours ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Each dinner on the cruise is approximately equal in calories to those consumed for Thanksgiving dinner. Total for the day on the cruise exceeds total for the day on Thanksgiving.

That sounds totally believable.  Throw in alcohol, and its way over the top.

4 hours ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Each dinner on the cruise is approximately equal in calories to those consumed for Thanksgiving dinner. Total for the day on the cruise exceeds total for the day on Thanksgiving.

13 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

That sounds totally believable.  Throw in alcohol, and its way over the top.

Both of these sound 100% accurate for me as well!

On 11/26/2020 at 11:36 PM, GregD said:

I'm Italian, we eat more at Thanksgiving, for instance, this is just the appetizers, and this was a lite year (antipasti)

55770_1740124103409_348268_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=2&_nc_sid=ba80b0&_nc_ohc=A6djByNLTWQAX903us3&_nc_ht=scontent-bos3-1.xx&oh=1ea35a2a1278a6ab3842c69882cb40f5&oe=5FE4F511

So funny, that was always thanksgiving at my dear, sadly departed Aunt’s house.  Start with appetizers around 11.  Full Italian dinner at 1, football, full turkey dinner at 6, more football, dessert around 7:30.  Roll yourself home around 10.  

12 hours ago, Pooch said:

So funny, that was always thanksgiving at my dear, sadly departed Aunt’s house.  Start with appetizers around 11.  Full Italian dinner at 1, football, full turkey dinner at 6, more football, dessert around 7:30.  Roll yourself home around 10.  

Sounds just like my wifes grandmothers. Just had to pace yourself, slow and steady.

I'm going to say it's a toss up at our house. We just had our family of 4 this year (and the kids are picky eaters) so we kept the meal small - lots of leftovers but just a few dishes. I had actually lost weight when I stepped on the scale Friday morning. However, we've had leftover pie and other goodies in the house for days and my weight is up overall since then as ironically we don't have a lot of dessert in the house usually. Right now it's about 3-4 pounds which is what I would typically gain on a 7 day cruise, and just like on a cruise "food fatigue" is setting in.