Questions from a Newbie

Hey all - new to these parts but not to cruising. 3 time DCL veterans and love cruising - and have sailed with Matt ... not on Royal Caribbean but Pirates of the Caribbean ...  After hearing Matt on another Disney podcast, I decided to check out RC and am willing to give it a go based on the prices and his sterling recommendation.

That said, I have a couple of questions. Looking at a cruise in January or February 2018. I see that not all of 2018's itineraries have been released but curious if all for the beginning of year have. Just curious if we should wait for more options or start looking at what's out there now.

Also, is there a easy way to search for cruises that leave on a certain day (like I want a 7 night cruise that leaves on Saturday)? I am a pastor and don't want to miss two Sundays in a row - they may figure out they can do it without me. ;)

Thanks in advance - hopefully these questions make sense!

All the cruises for spring 2018 are out (with the possible exception of some exotic/foreign destinations but I think even those are all published). The next schedule rollout will be Feb/Mar on 2017 at which point they will roll out the rest of 2018 and the spring of 2019.

There might be changes for redeployments of ships / sale of ships / purchase of ships but this is basically the lineup for spring 2018 in place.

There is a way to filter on dates in the RCI website / search engine by selecting sail before / sail after dates but it never works quite right for me. I usually research on Travel Agent / Travelocity websites to find the cruise I want and then look at the RCI website to get more info.

Also, is there a easy way to search for cruises that leave on a certain day (like I want a 7 night cruise that leaves on Saturday)? 

Welcome!  My way of figuring this out is to yell to me wife, "Is that a Saturday or Sunday?" Granted, the quality of my results varies depending on how many times I make the request  :P

Looking at a cruise in January or February 2018. I see that not all of 2018's itineraries have been released but curious if all for the beginning of year have. Just curious if we should wait for more options or start looking at what's out there now.

What's out there for 2018 is essentially there.  As jticarruthers mentioned, more itineraries for 2018 will not be released until early next year.  

Welcome!  My way of figuring this out is to yell to me wife, "Is that a Saturday or Sunday?" Granted, the quality of my results varies depending on how many times I make the request  :P

Yeah, I have a feeling I would be told "You have a calendar." :)

And thanks - we are excited to cruise again.

Just wanted to tell you as a former exclusive DCL cruiser (we should really make a club), you will not be disappointed! I found the experiences to be very similar and also felt that RCL excelled in many ways over DCL. You will not feel like you're at Six Flags after only going to WDW.

Thanks - we are super excited about the prospect of another cruise and spent the night last night looking at excursions.:)

I found something close to what I am looking for - http://www.cruisetimetables.com/. This gives all the sailings out of a given port for a given date. Hopefully this helps something.

We are looking for something for June, 2018 to celebrate our 25th Anniversary. Other than the fact that we don't want to fly overseas for the cruise, we haven't decided anything specific. We will be Diamond members by then. This should help!

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the Blog!   Most times the ships like Oasis and Allure or Harmony that are sharing ports

One leaves on Sundays and the other on Saturdays out of FLL so those are your best bets for

definite Sat sailings if you want bigger ships.   Happy to help you !  and LOVE DCL but Royal pricing

sure has made me cruise a lot more of their ships the past 5 years

Question, not related to cruising but related to this forum- 

How do we change our settings to get the most recent posts first?

I didn't see an option in setting; however, I do know that the mobile interface goes straight to new posts.

Okay thanks. I have been reading it on the laptop. Maybe I will switch over to the tablet. Periscope is there anyway. :)

You can use the mobile version on you laptop, too. Look at the far bottom of the page on the left. In the blue border at the bottom next to the RSS (fan-like) symbol, you'll see a link to click for the mobile version.

Question, not related to cruising but related to this forum- 

How do we change our settings to get the most recent posts first?

Sorry, but we do not have that feature in this version of the forum.  Might be something that would be coming in the future.