The Key Black Friday Incorrect Price (I was Wrong)

stevendom57

• stevendom57 changed the title to The Key Black Friday Incorrect Price

It's at $21.99 right now for our 2021 Symphony and Oasis cruises. Grabbed it for Symphony last night and may have to grab it for Oasis too this weekend... I'm not confident we'll see the under $20 price point going forward until some sort of normalcy returns. Also wondering if they will actually start to limit the Key under the current climate/restrictions and they will start to sell out.

• stevendom57 changed the title to The Key Black Friday Incorrect Price (I was Wrong)
18 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

It's at $21.99 right now for our 2021 Symphony and Oasis cruises. Grabbed it for Symphony last night and may have to grab it for Oasis too this weekend... I'm not confident we'll see the under $20 price point going forward until some sort of normalcy returns. Also wondering if they will actually start to limit the Key under the current climate/restrictions and they will start to sell out.

Same price for Rhapsody in Feb 2022.

2 hours ago, Dad2Cue said:

It is per person --- per day.  Since every person in the stateroom needs to have it, it becomes very pricey.  It doesn't take too long before a suite looks appealing because most of what you get with the Key is included when you book a suite!!

Very true, but fortunately for just my wife and I, it's only $308 in total (currently) for the both of us and well worth it in our experience... we had it for under $20/day last year on Allure (and purchased it for $16/day for our MAY 2020 Oasis cruise this year before the cancellations). I agree that as it creeps toward $30, the value is lost. At a price point close to or under $20/day, if you are also getting the internet package for each person, then you effectively get all of the other Key benefits for the cost of a single glass of wine per day (per person).

Unfortunately, there is no way we can upgrade to a suite from Central Park balcony (Symphony) or Oceanview w/ Large Balcony (Oasis) for that price. Even a junior suite is usually literally double (or more) than what we paid for each cabin and still doesn't give you the full suite experience. Believe me, I've been watching like a hawk (we'll take the limited Coastal Kitchen access and double C&A points in a JS!). One day... ?