Cruise credit audit

Janesa

I was recently contacted by my travel agent stating Royal Caribbean did an audit on cruise credits. A mistake was made in an amount over $400. Now my travel agent is requesting additional funds due by November 30. Has anyone else experienced this audit?? I find this totally unacceptable.

I had the same thing happen when I went to make final payment on my rescheduled cruise for January 2021 they said they had over paid me almost $400. When I went and verified all the numbers they where correct. So I had to pay that back as well as my final payment. No problem doing that. They have been fair with all that is going on.

Same here, my FCC was cut by more than half, explaining they gave me back the monies as a refund....I only requested the FCC why would they do that?  They told me when the monies were credited BUT it was a mish mosh of amounts and I attributed the amounts to my cruise planner cancellations tethered to the cancelled sailings. ( I had 3 cruises and the cruise planner purchases cancelled) The amounts were so random I have no choice at this point to just accept what they are telling me because even though my accounting here was on point, I can't figure out for the life of me what in the heck was going on, I thought I was made whole, now not so much. I learned an amazing lesson here, I will make sure to note my specific CC # every time for every purchase. I can ONLY hope I have been made whole.  

And I called about my additional left over FCC they were just not helpful. I Love to sail & I Love the RCCL product, I wont cut off my nose to spite my face BUT I will be so much more careful in the future. That being said...HELLOOO, where in the heck are Thanksgiving 2022 sailings???? Hi, my name is Neesa and I have a cruising problem,

Monsters Inc Reaction GIF by filmeditor

I can see how the line might "derive" a shortfall.  On a cancelled cruise, I used OBC to pre-purchase a number of specialty dining experiences.  After the cruise cancelled, I received a cancellation notice with a refund note for the dollar value of those dinners.   But they were NOT purchased "out of pocket" by me, but I used OBC (that I had already in against my cruise account).  There was an additional note stating it originated from OBC - and wasn't expecting any kind of refund.   Haven't thought about it since you posted - so could see that if they somehow refunded to a credit  card, that OBC becomes real cash, but not in their favor.   Interesting.  (Technically OBC is baked into the pricing so its real, you just see it as play money)