Online check in

Shelly

Hi Friends!  I am 32 days away from our cruise date on the Oasis! 

My question is this.  I have completed the online check in and printed my sea pass, but it still says print sea pass.  Is this ok?  Plus it says the guest vacation documents are not available yet.  What does this mean?   Is there something else I should be doing or should have done that I missed?

While I can't answer your questions directly I can compare to my sailing 68 days out.

I completed check-in and printed my Set Sail Pass and on one page it says "Status: Ready to Print" while on the page with the steps it's still on Step 4 giving me the option to print.  This part is normal, as once you've printed, they a) don't know you've successfully printed and b) want you to be able to print again.

As far as the vacation docs mine are set for electronic delivery, but to be honest, I don't even remember what they send.  If you have your Set Sail Pass, and all of your check-in boxes are checked off, I wouldn't be concerned.  Someone with more RCCL experience than I will likely chime in here, but as always, you can consult your travel agent for further information.

Once you print your Setsail Pass, there is nothing else to do.  The site can't really determine if you actually printed your documents and it allows for you to return later and print them out again (I once left my documents at home and had to re-print).

Would anyone know if I have the Select drinks package can I pay extra and upgrade to the Preimum drinks package.

thanks in advance

Shouldn't be an issue at all.  Some have said that they were told on the phone that upgrading from a promotional package (one given for free) was a problem, but I'm confident it won't be any issue on board.  They'll be glad to take more of your money.

I've done this on Celebrity (Royal Caribbean's sister company) without issue.

You did the right thing with the check-in and printing the set sail pass. The guest vacation documents will appear a couple weeks before the cruise. It will be a PDF file with a bunch of information and fine print. It will also have a page with your luggage tags that you can print out for each piece of luggage. The luggage tag is the only thing that I typically print out on that document.

Generally 90 days out for online check in and 47 days out for cruise docs/luggage tags. As stated above, luggage tags are all we ever print out of the doc file.

Agree, the "Print Pass" button stays available, guess they know we change cabins a few times as others open up.  :rolleyes:

When it is time to print out Cruise Documents and Luggage Tags you should print out luggage tags and page 2 and 3 of the documents.  One page has the itinerary which is useful while on the actual cruise.  The other page has the booking/reservation number and date which could be important down the line if you need to talk to RCCL to verify you did sail on a certain day.  This is useful if you did not get your points for the cruise and other things.  If you throw everything away after cruise it could be hard to remember the details after a few weeks.  I keep our Seapass Cards in a picture album to check past cruise dates and the two pages mentioned and that is all.

Sulross has some good points. I have a folder on my computer for each of my cruises. I put all of the emails and cruise documents in there electronically. That way I have everything saved. It can come in handy if you want to go back and see what I paid for a certain cruise, which ports I visited, what my cabin number was, etc. I also keep the sea pass cards.