Princess pauses cruises through March 31, 2021.

Oh dear.

"

• All cruises sailing through March 31, 2021
  • All cruises longer than seven days sailing in and out of United States ports through November 1, 2021

Additionally, due to the uncertainty about when international travel restrictions might be lifted, Princess Cruises is extending its pause in operations for cruises departing in and out of Japan through June 25, 2021."

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/princess-cruises-extends-pause-of-global-ship-operations-into-2021-301177874.html

20 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Oh dear.

"

• All cruises sailing through March 31, 2021
  • All cruises longer than seven days sailing in and out of United States ports through November 1, 2021

Additionally, due to the uncertainty about when international travel restrictions might be lifted, Princess Cruises is extending its pause in operations for cruises departing in and out of Japan through June 25, 2021."

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/princess-cruises-extends-pause-of-global-ship-operations-into-2021-301177874.html

Can see the other major cruise lines following suit, guess it will be test cruises only until then from the US.

8 hours ago, monctonguy said:

need vaccines rolled out, wide spread and effective/proven before cruises are going to start up again

I tend to agree. Once vaccines are rolled out to the mainstream folks (I read today on CNBC that frontline workers in law enforcement, healthcare, etc. could begin vaccinations within the next 2 months...an addition 3 or 4 months for everyone else), the outbreak risks would be negligible at that point. I'm guessing a June or July start date for cruises.

19 hours ago, RBRSKI said:

Look at my post in Discussion "Nassau or other Caribbean Port".  I'm tell ya, as much as they need to get in order the protocols that the CDC is requiring, they need to take a hard look into starting cruises outside of the US!   March Please

I said the samething months ago, also said they could stagger days from same port ie 1 ship sailing on a monday another on a tuesday etc from barcelona or Stockhom etc.

With vaccine in Europe almost available things could change very quickly over here so they should have as i said way back a Plan B