Anthem Transatlantic 04/25/2021

Cameron

We are booked on this TA also and it’s troubling that it doesn’t show up in Royal’s schedule right now. I’ve read that cruises longer than 7 days are temporarily unavailable for further bookings due to CDC guidelines?  It’s still unsettling as there are flights, hotels and even B2B cruises involved. 

I would be kind of nervous about that one. A lot of the ships are out of position right now and Anthem is one of them. She's currently lurking in the Southampton area so to do your TA she'd have to cross back over the Pond first. I'm not sure I can see that happening. ?

It's a fantastic itinerary (had my eye on it myself) so I really hope you are lucky and get to go.

42 minutes ago, Jill said:

No cruises over 7 nights out of or porting in US through October 2021. This is a new CDC condition to return to service. 

10 minutes ago, princevaliantus said:

Please provide cite in CDC order.

Page 32 of the CSO:

" The cruise ship operator must not sail or offer to sail on an itinerary longer than 7
days. CDC may shorten or lengthen the number of days permitted to sail based on public health
considerations and as set forth in technical instructions or orders."

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

Page 32 of the CSO:

" The cruise ship operator must not sail or offer to sail on an itinerary longer than 7
days. CDC may shorten or lengthen the number of days permitted to sail based on public health
considerations and as set forth in technical instructions or orders."

I'm speaking about "out of or porting in US through October 2021"...didn't see this.

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Cruiserforlife said:

Any reason that the TA in 2022 wouldn’t be listed?

IIRC the Transatlantics, Transpacifics, and some other repositioning sailings are lumped in with the "rest of the season" announcements that come last, along with destinations like Canada / New England and Bermuda. 

On 11/20/2020 at 11:09 AM, FionaMG said:

I would be kind of nervous about that one. A lot of the ships are out of position right now and Anthem is one of them. She's currently lurking in the Southampton area so to do your TA she'd have to cross back over the Pond first. I'm not sure I can see that happening. ?

Realistically, I don't see any reason why Royal doesn't cancel this cruise NOW.  Then I can decide what do to about a FCC, refund or L&S.  If Royal waits until after the final payment date to cancel this cruise  --- I'll be royally ... "upset". 

I wonder if the Odyssey TA for April 23, 2022 to Rome will be a viable L&S option??

10 hours ago, Dad2Cue said:

Realistically, I don't see any reason why Royal doesn't cancel this cruise NOW.  Then I can decide what do to about a FCC, refund or L&S.  If Royal waits until after the final payment date to cancel this cruise  --- I'll be royally ... "upset". 

I wonder if the Odyssey TA for April 23, 2022 to Rome will be a viable L&S option??

I totally get you. We were planning on booking that crossing, preceding it with a few days in NY. The only reason we didn't is that we are just not able to commit any more than about 6 months out by which time it was moot. Really hoping it'll be a similar itinerary in 2022 and the world will have returned to a sufficient state of normality for us to be able to do it then.

I hope you manage to get a satisfactory outcome.

8 minutes ago, KenCP said:

Just got an email from Royal and the Anthem of the Seas Trans Atlantic for April 2021 is cancelled.  If the Trans Atlantic are not released for 2022 yet, I guess there is no Lift and Shift option for us?

hi , did you book direct as my TA has not informed me yet ?/

@Chmusar 

@michelle My agent just got back to me and it was on error on Royal's side.  It happened to a couple other people as well. Just hoping to get my discounted packages back for the same price.

I am still expecting the sailing to be cancelled but after final payment date.  I thought it was strange that they would cancel this far out but you never know these days.

On 12/5/2020 at 6:24 PM, Dad2Cue said:

I thought it was something I said and was hoping it was true!  I would gladly do a L&S to 2022 if there was another option.

• 5 weeks later...
19 hours ago, michelle said:

My clients Lifted this Anthem TA to Odyssey 4/23/22 just the other day - 

We wanted to end up in the UK.  For some reason the the Anthem TA in April 2022 wasn't released. Any idea why that was?  It might be released now but haven't checked recently.  We ended up rescheduling on Allure in April 2022 and we will focus on Spain.  Price was much better on the Allure TA without a L&S --- problem solved.  We would have liked Odyssey but I think she was gong to Rome.  We have been on a Mediterranean cruise already but we might do it again someday.

On 12/5/2020 at 5:24 PM, Dad2Cue said:

I just paid final pymt on TA April 4th on Harmony.  But am sure it won't be sailing.    I already booked TA April 2022 so won't be doing L and S, but will get FCC at 125%

Since I have lots of cruises booked I will have plenty of choices to put the FCC.  Just may not be this year!

15 minutes ago, Linda R said:

I just paid final pymt on TA April 4th on Harmony.  But am sure it won't be sailing.    I already booked TA April 2022 so won't be doing L and S, but will get FCC at 125%

Since I have lots of cruises booked I will have plenty of choices to put the FCC.  Just may not be this year!

We were tempted on the 125% FCC option but we already have one large FCC.  We have applied it to a future anniversary suite which will be a first for us so that's exciting.  The suite is a first not the anniversary!

5 minutes ago, Dad2Cue said:

We were tempted on the 125% FCC option but we already have one large FCC.  We have applied it to a future anniversary suite which will be a first for us so that's exciting.  The suite is a first not the anniversary.

Sounds like a great anniversary trip!  Beware,  you will not want to go back to other cabins once you have a suite!   Happened to me......

14 hours ago, Dad2Cue said:

For some reason the the Anthem TA in April 2022 wasn't released. Any idea why that was?  It might be released now but haven't checked recently.

Still hasn't. I've been checking daily because we had been planning doing the same one as you and are now looking at pushing it forward to 2022. We want to do that one because we want to tag a few days in NY prior.

That Allure one you are booked on now certainly has a much better itinerary than the Oasis-class TAs usually have. It looks great.

9 hours ago, FionaMG said:

That Allure one you are booked on now certainly has a much better itinerary than the Oasis-class TAs usually have. It looks great.

We are pleased with the Allure TA in 2022 but we really wanted to visit Normandy France.  The biggest appeal of the Allure TA in 2022 was that all five European stops are in Spain.  We have been to Barcelona and we want to go back there.  Because of all the Covid rules, we are thinking the fewer countries we visit the better.  The added benefit was an attractive price. 

Except for the long stretch of sea days we are happy.  Hopefully, everyone allowed onboard when we depart Florida will be vaccinated by then.  There shouldn't be any worries until we reach Spain.  If all goes well, we can still visit Normandy.  The UK can wait and we would still like to visit.  The Brexit issue should be more clear by 2023.  We hope everyone will adapt to the new normal whatever that will be.