Site issues

deep1

Their site going haywire is  nothing new. Tonight's "Glitch" has me twisted though...  None of my cruises booked showing. One I was going to final payment it. If I type the res number on it I CAN get to Cruise planner but really no other details.  Was able to find final payment amount but with system in mid hiccup I don't feel comfortable doing it.  Its not due til after Christmas any way. The ones I have paid off nothing comes up ? Thats a bit bothersome as they are fairly  high dollar ones (at least to me) paid in full... those ones are 7 night and after next Nov 1,  so they should be safe from the  "over seven" problems. The one not paid off is just 5 nights so again  not in that over seven  club. 

The part that bothers me the most though is that I am showing no past cruises. I've made mention along the way that they "misplaced" 14 years of my cruises. They have pre 2003 (Which were suites but they only gave 1 point a night)  and post 2017... The ones between vanished and I didn't keep records that long. Poof! You might imagine my surprise when I went from just short of emerald  to gold again...  (Didn't notice til 2018) If I lose those points I worked rebuilding my status I'm gonna be way unhappy and if anything happens to any of my reservations of CP purchases I'm not sure how I will react... 

Came back on after a while...  The paid offs and remaining balances  are in tact... On past trips. I ham showing a lone cancellation  in that area . One of six that were cancelled on me (No fault of RCL either) . No points awarded (didn't deserve any). Wonder why that would have that lone cancellation there in MY C+A stuff but  not the others.  And why have any  but not figure out what happened to 14 years worth... 

13 hours ago, twangster said:

Royal IT.  Enough said.

The endless stream of glitches I've grown  used to. The loss of those nights and status level has always irritated the living heck out of me though. I don't think I have it in me to go through the steps a third time to climb the ladder. I should be within reach of diamond before too long, instead I'm treated like trash at gold which I passed through before and am in process of second time and were it not for these covid cancellations I'd be at least Platinum for the second time. Hard to stay loyal but its the kind of guy I am. Have spent too much time scoffing at other lines to turn back now... ?

9 hours ago, deep1 said:

The endless stream of glitches I've grown  used to. The loss of those nights and status level has always irritated the living heck out of me though. I don't think I have it in me to go through the steps a third time to climb the ladder. I should be within reach of diamond before too long, instead I'm treated like trash at gold which I passed through before and am in process of second time and were it not for these covid cancellations I'd be at least Platinum for the second time. Hard to stay loyal but its the kind of guy I am. Have spent too much time scoffing at other lines to turn back now... ?

Although we have had multiple cruises canceled this year, only one is listed in past cruises.  The only reason I can imagine it is there is that we have outstanding FCC for only that cruise.  Of course, no points were awarded since the cruise was not completed.

FYI- the extra credit for suites did not begin until 2004.  Beginning in 2003, an extra cruise credit was awarded for cruises of 12+ nights.  Prior to 2003, all cruises earned 1 credit.  Although credits were converted to points in January 2011 and reflect in the total points earned, we all continue to see 1 or 2 points for every pre-2011 cruise.

Hope you find a way to prove you cruised during the missing years.  My understanding is a seapass card or welcome aboard picture can be used as proof if you don’t have your original confirmations.  

Listing cancelled bookings started occurring a year or two ago.  I now have a long list of "past" cruises that equal well above my actual cruise count with Royal while I haven't actually sailed on all of them.  

Sometimes I'll grab a refundable deposit booking then I book through my agent for better rates or terms and cancel the direct refundable booking.  Both show up as a past cruise with only actually sailed cruises having points allocated to them.  Sometimes I book early and change my mind so cancel.  Then the same cruise appears with a last minute rate so I book it again then Royal cancels the cruise so it shows up twice with no points.  

On 11/19/2020 at 1:47 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Interesting. I had no idea that cancelled cruises were listed in past cruises.  Thanks !

In my case just one of several...  Why bother... But it kind of adds insult to other injury that only a few of my cruises remain showing the same way as limited part of my cancellations shows...