You can now register to be a volunteer on a test cruise?

Bob123

1 hour ago, cruisellama said:

Read one of the on-line news banners that stated cruise lines had to run 15 test cruises - has anyone else seen the "15"?  Think it was a yahoo story.

I saw that article too. There is absolutely no indication in any of the 40 pages of the CDC's document that mentions it.

Frankly, I have no idea where they got that figure from.

19 hours ago, cruisellama said:

I think it also said 15 per ship - which makes no sense at all.  Even 15/line seems extreme (and pretty expensive).

Probably depends on whether you think it is an excuse to just delay the relaunch without calling it a "ban on cruising" since that was getting the CDC bad press ? or an actual attempt to make cruising safe enough to be allowed ...

On 11/20/2020 at 10:40 PM, cruisellama said:

I think it also said 15 per ship - which makes no sense at all.  Even 15/line seems extreme (and pretty expensive).

When I take a flight the time that I really hate is  between I get into the aircraft and the time it takes off - This time can take 5 minutes or few hours incase of weather issues or mechanical issues but the destination is not getting  closer. Same here , I  do not care if it is 5 testing cruises 15 testing cruises or 500 testing cruises , let them just start to do the first cruise so we can start the countdown.