Alaska: Finally!!!!

CJS2766

Just booked my first ever Alaska cruise on the Ovation for May 2022. So excited! Here is my itinerary. Any must do's and must see? I am so looking forward to this trip

Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines 
Embark:        May 20, 2022
Disembark:   May 27, 2022
7 Night Alaska Cruise 
Ovation of the Seas

Day Port *** Arrive Depart Activity Fri 20May2022 Seattle, Washington - 4:00 PM Boarding
Sat 21May2022 Cruising - - Cruising
Sun 22May2022 Alaska Inside Passage, Alaska - - Cruising
Sun 22May2022 Juneau, Alaska 12:00 PM 10:00 PM Docked
Mon 23May2022 Skagway, Alaska 7:00 AM 7:00 PM Docked
Tue 24May2022 Endicott Arm & Dawes Glacier (Cruising), Alaska 7:00 AM 12:00 PM Cruising
Wed 25May2022 Cruising - - Cruising
Thu 26May2022 Victoria, British Columbia 8:00 AM 6:00 PM Docked
Fri 27May2022 Seattle, Washington 6:00 AM - Departure

Also, are there any good places for seafood in the ports we will be in? Looking forward to some King Crab legs!

Carlos

Sorry, no seafood in Alaska.  

Just kidding!  Tracy's Crab Shack in Juneau is right at the pier and very popular.  Other restaurants near the ship feature seafood heavy menus.  In Skagway just about every restaurant serves Alaskan halibut, salmon and other seafood.  Not far from the ship in Skagway you'll find seafood restaurants within walking distance.  In fact it's hard to not to find seafood at these ports.  

There are also excursions that combine seafood meals with activities like flights over glaciers.

In Juneau one of many must see draws is Mendenhall Glacier.  In Skagway the White Pass and Yukon Route train is high on the list.

Unlike Caribbean cruising the ship spends long days in Alaskan ports so you have plenty of time to do an early excursion, grab a meal somewhere then the entire afternoon or evening is available for something else.  

1 hour ago, CJS2766 said:

Has anyone done the White Pass Railroad tour? Can you take the train one way and come back on a bus (maybe to get a different perspective) or is it only train up and back?

I want to say that some of the excursions have the train/bus combo but I think they include something else in the excursion, like dog sledding for example.

On 11/13/2020 at 1:15 PM, CJS2766 said:

Has anyone done the White Pass Railroad tour? Can you take the train one way and come back on a bus (maybe to get a different perspective) or is it only train up and back?

There are typically several different versions.  Some ride back on a bus, sled dogs or riding a bicycle down for example.  Here is a snippet from 2018.

AK Skagway Excursions.jpg