7 Days or 7 Nights?

6 minutes ago, stevendom57 said:

According to the CDC document, "The cruise ship operator must not sail or offer to sail on an itinerary longer than 7 days."

A 7 night cruise actually spans 8 days, e.g. Sunday - Sunday inclusive. Does this length of cruise meet the CDC guidelines?

They are both the same. Just used differently.

I floated this concept already and the cruising public chose in favor of the cruise line interpretation of 7 nights.

Honestly the CDC is clueless about cruise ship operations.  The subtle difference between days and nights is lost on them.  It was an honest mistake I think, but they could come back and be pricks about it.  Time will tell.   

8 minutes ago, twangster said:

I floated this concept already and the cruising public chose in favor of the cruise line interpretation of 7 nights.

I am thinking that embarking at 11:00am and disembarking at 8:00am is technically a little less than seven 24 hour time intervals.

The whole reason I brought this up is that I looked at my Mar 2022 cruise and realized the itinerary listed days one through eight. It just got me thinking. I try to do as little of that as possible.

55 minutes ago, twangster said:

Honestly the CDC is clueless about cruise ship operations.  The subtle difference between days and nights is lost on them.  It was an honest mistake I think, but they could come back and be pricks about it.  Time will tell.   

They definitely could choose to enforce this strictly.  Given their strong anti-cruise bias, it wouldn't be a huge surprise.  

7 days or 7 nights it sadly doesn't bode well for our 8 nighter in Feb 2021 ? Guess we'll have to sit tight and wait to hear whether RC decides to cut it short (maybe miss Port Canaveral and/or Nassau and visit CocoCay only) or cancel the whole thing (I'm afraid I am ignorant about what's involved in changing an itinerary, but suspect it doesn't come without its challenges).

EDIT: Sorry... just seen the thread started by @JT2 on the general discussion board ?