8+ day cruises are locked

JT2

1 hour ago, JT2 said:

June 19th Indy, e-mail from RC early this AM stating items in my cruise planner have been cancelled and cruise not showing up in my future cruises.

Augh, we are on this cruise too. Not really surprised, just really disappointed....again. Just L&S my February cruise, but of course L & S for June wasn’t an option. I’m nervous about my Oct 29, 2021 cruise now since it’s 9 nights. 

2 hours ago, JT2 said:

June 19th Indy, e-mail from RC early this AM stating items in my cruise planner have been cancelled and cruise not showing up in my future cruises.

My wife and two friends are booked on Explorer for a 12-night Miami to Galveston repositioning. No cruise planner cancellation email and it's still in her future cruises list. 

Clearly not a universal experience (at least not yet).

5 hours ago, JT2 said:

False alarm, for now: I'm back, Jim. It appears our system incorrectly cancelled your reservation. Your reservation is now reinstated and good. However, we're unable to go into Cruise Planner and reinstate what you had reserved there. You'll need to go back in and do it again. I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience.

43 minutes ago, JT2 said:

False alarm, for now: I'm back, Jim. It appears our system incorrectly cancelled your reservation. Your reservation is now reinstated and good. However, we're unable to go into Cruise Planner and reinstate what you had reserved there. You'll need to go back in and do it again. I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience.

So now you have to buy back all CP purchases at current rate? I know we’re going into the Cyber Week sale period, so I hope you are able to get as good or better pricing than you had before, and that this doesn’t become a costly screw up (on their end) for you.

8 hours ago, JLMoran said:

So now you have to buy back all CP purchases at current rate? I know we’re going into the Cyber Week sale period, so I hope you are able to get as good or better pricing than you had before, and that this doesn’t become a costly screw up (on their end) for you.

I’m not too worried about that but they had already assigned us a balcony cabin I was happy with and now I’m back to GTY. Still thinking they will have to cancel the longer cruises and redo the itineraries. No way cdc relaxes any time soon and RC won’t wait too long with all logistics involved.

On 11/11/2020 at 10:33 PM, twangster said:

It's one thing for the CDC to ban ships sailing longer itineraries due to public health concerns.  It's another matter altogether for the CDC to become involved with how cruise lines market cruises.

Someone needs to challenge this in court.  It's a government overreach and potentially violates freedom of speech.  "If you talk about cruises longer than 7 days we are going to shut you down".  

#DefundTheCDC. ? 

I said this a while ago about the CDC and was silenced for doing so.  I am glad someone else said it.  I've delved through the 40 pages of new guidelines that they are requiring and I do not know how the cruise industry will ever sail out of US waters again.  I would not be surprised if they just started sailing out of non-US ports altogether.

Certainly some inconsistent things being seen...

We have B2B booked on the FOS out of San Juan Feb 21 and Feb 28 (2021). Both 7 nights each.

Both show on our Upcoming Cruises listing.

However, in using the 'Find a Cruise' tool on the RCL website, the Feb 21 sailing is listed as available to book, but the Feb 28 sailing is not listed at all. All other sailings before and after are there.

Maybe it's full, who knows.

46 minutes ago, Gears said:

Certainly some inconsistent things being seen...

We have B2B booked on the FOS out of San Juan Feb 21 and Feb 28 (2021). Both 7 nights each.

Both show on our Upcoming Cruises listing.

However, in using the 'Find a Cruise' tool on the RCL website, the Feb 21 sailing is listed as available to book, but the Feb 28 sailing is not listed at all. All other sailings before and after are there.

Maybe it's full, who knows.

I see it listed.
image.thumb.png.35d3128fa7b3c5fd9830c1b5b91621e4.png