8+ day cruises are locked

JT2

Over the next few weeks, we will be working closely with the CDC to understand how to best move forward with these sailings and evaluate all the options. We will let you know immediately should anything change. Thanks for your patience. 

It's one thing for the CDC to ban ships sailing longer itineraries due to public health concerns.  It's another matter altogether for the CDC to become involved with how cruise lines market cruises.

Someone needs to challenge this in court.  It's a government overreach and potentially violates freedom of speech.  "If you talk about cruises longer than 7 days we are going to shut you down".  

#DefundTheCDC. ? 

11 hours ago, JT2 said:
 Over the next few weeks, we will be working closely with the CDC to understand how to best move forward with these sailings and evaluate all the options. We will let you know immediately should anything change. Thanks for your patience. 

Where did you see this?

I've got an 8 night in March and a 9 night in September booked was going to change the 8 night to a 12 night but was hoping it's easier to modify and 8 night to 7 than a 12 night to 7.   I've been pretty positive for cruises to start back up again so I can take the 3 that i have booked for next year, but with the latest from the CDC I'm not as optimistic as I have been.  Starting to look at a land based all-inclusive resort.

4 minutes ago, alamode123 said:

I guess only 2021 sailings are currently impacted?

My 2022 sailing of 8 nights is fine... I guess they figure this will all be sorted out by then...

I'm on that cruise.

What about my cruise on Anthem from Oct 30th to Nov 7th? If its still in my cruise list Im good?

THE 8 nite cruise is way out. THE cruise shouldn't be impacted.  THE cruise scheduled for Oct 30th should be fine.

Soooo .... Am I suppose to assume the 14 night Panama Canal cruise on October 1st 2021 isn't happening???

I was planning on using the FCC from our Trans Atlantic cruise on Anthem scheduled for April 2021 on the Panama cruise.  I don't think the Trans Atlantic will happen so the Panama Canal cruise was my back-up. 

Any recommendations??  I wonder if lift and shift to 2022 will be an option???  Are longer cruises done for the foreseeable future??

20 minutes ago, Dad2Cue said:

Soooo .... Am I suppose to assume the 14 night Panama Canal cruise on October 1st 2021 isn't happening???

I was planning on using the FCC from our Trans Atlantic cruise on Anthem scheduled for April 2021 on the Panama cruise.  I don't think the Trans Atlantic will happen so the Panama Canal cruise was my back-up. 

Any recommendations??  I wonder if lift and shift to 2022 will be an option???  Are longer cruises done for the foreseeable future??

IF a vaccine comes along and IF once through the winter the COVID-19 numbers are within acceptable levels THEN longer cruises might be allowed to sail.

The CDC's CSO prohibits the cruise lines from offering long cruises right now so cruise lines had no choice but to stop allowing them to be booked.  That's different than canceling them.  As we progress through the winter and once ships eventually restart in some capacity we'll know more then if these long cruises will be allowed to occur.  

In response to something I saw about an Oddessy  sailing (9 nights so. car.) in Nov2021 being cancelled,   on another site , I decided t check. Had no problem doing a mock booking right to where it wanted my deposit... So I really don't know whats going on. I have 3 x 7 and a 5 night in 2021 and all are still showing a go... 

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes, I’ve noticed that the CP is still fully functional for my >7 night cruises even though those cruises are now closed to new bookings.  Royal will gladly still take your money for CP purchases.

I had one of my 7 night bookings show closed a few days ago and was wide open to bookings last night. Updated: Checked and they are still taking bookings but wow the price is going way way up.  Matt answered above the answer to  that 9 nighter...

Holding out hope that rather than cancelling our 8 nighter in Feb, RCL will cut it down to 7 by missing out Port Canaveral or Nassau... who knows, maybe they will cut both of the other stops and we can overnight at CocoCay and still get back in 7! (Nothing wrong with having dreams, right? ?)

my big question is the legality of a u.s. agency limiting the days on a cruise going to europe and not returning. I understand the u.s. is the departure point, but not returning, takes it out of u.s. jurisdiction as these are not u.s. flagged ships.. we have 8 cruises booked starting end of march 2021.. jewel out of galaveston, 16 night to barcelona, back to back, 9 day barcelona to amstedam.. leaves march 22, 2021.. 8 day independance in july and 5 others between april and sept. 2021..  while the cruises for more than 7 days have been booked on the booking portal, they are still on my upcoming sailings list..  and by the way, I just received another e-mail for cruise planner discounts for my trans- atlantic sail this morning..lol....... luckily got 6 cruises in before shutdown...had 5 cruises cancelled for 2020 between april and august.. glad I didnt book last 4 months of 2020!!  its a wait and see game now..........and I am a big YES on volunteering to be a guinea pig!!

6 hours ago, JimnKathy said:

We've a B2B on Symphony booked beginning in late Sep 2021...I wonder if those two 7-nighters spliced together will be allowed?

When you consider that ships commonly operate a same day turn around between cruises this technically creates a continuous succession of B2Bs - the concept of a B2B only really applies from a guest perspective when we happen to be on two separate but consecutive sailings. IMO therefore, as in your case neither sailing is longer than 7 days I would expect you to be fine.

13 hours ago, livin-the-life said:

my big question is the legality of a u.s. agency limiting the days on a cruise going to europe and not returning. I understand the u.s. is the departure point, but not returning, takes it out of u.s. jurisdiction as these are not u.s. flagged ships.. we have 8 cruises booked starting end of march 2021.. jewel out of galaveston, 16 night to barcelona, back to back, 9 day barcelona to amstedam.. leaves march 22, 2021.. 8 day independance in july and 5 others between april and sept. 2021..  while the cruises for more than 7 days have been booked on the booking portal, they are still on my upcoming sailings list..  and by the way, I just received another e-mail for cruise planner discounts for my trans- atlantic sail this morning..lol....... luckily got 6 cruises in before shutdown...had 5 cruises cancelled for 2020 between april and august.. glad I didnt book last 4 months of 2020!!  its a wait and see game now..........and I am a big YES on volunteering to be a guinea pig!!

I’m on that same cruise on Jewel out of Galveston and was wondering the same thing. 

On 11/12/2020 at 2:42 PM, Dad2Cue said:

hang tight I called in on this as well and they are saying system error and for people not to panic yet...

On 11/12/2020 at 4:17 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes, I’ve noticed that the CP is still fully functional for my >7 night cruises even though those cruises are now closed to new bookings.  Royal will gladly still take your money for CP purchases.

? when they told me my cruise is gone be canceled or modified they ask me if I wanted to book any excursions ?

On 11/12/2020 at 6:37 PM, Ian T said:

Holding out hope that rather than cancelling our 8 nighter in Feb, RCL will cut it down to 7 by missing out Port Canaveral or Nassau... who knows, maybe they will cut both of the other stops and we can overnight at CocoCay and still get back in 7! (Nothing wrong with having dreams, right? ?)

I was told not to cancel until they send me an email with my options 

30 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I am not going to jump to any conclusions for my 8 night August sailing.  A lot can happen between now and then.

Hey there, I hope you are doing well despite everything.  Did you cancel your Allure booking?  Been off the grid here for a while trying to play catch up!

On 11/16/2020 at 2:57 PM, michelle said:

hang tight I called in on this as well and they are saying system error and for people not to panic yet...

I'm not one to panic.  I'm just getting tired of revising my vacation plans and never actually going anywhere.  The April 2021 trans Atlantic was originally planned for April 2020.  I wonder if the FCC's due to expire at the end of 2021 will be extended to 2022.  It now seems like cancellations will continue well into 2021